No announcement yet.

buying settlers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i usually rush buy units but never all the way just enough to get them down to 2 or 3 turns i like to use most my gold for carvans as well my question for kuja and eyes is whats the best use of gold for you i cant imagine either of you buying marketplaces or anything like that.

Comment

i use my money to rush the missing shields during settler production...... again i wont rush one completely either as it eats up too much gold in the early game.

Besides its nice to have some cash to rush a market or library in your cap or even better the extremely important aquaduct for growth.
      Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

I agree with War4 and the others, I will buy up when it makes sense. (like buying up through the second rack with 7 shield production to get it in 3 additional turns). The only time I will rush buy the whole settler is if I lose a city or settler real early and need to make up growth real fast. Otherwise I like to have a little spare gold sitting around for emergencies or capital improvements. Or if I don't get the any happiness wonders and need to rush buy temples after 12 cities.

RAH
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

What I save my gold for depends on the kind of game I'm playing... if it's a small map bribe duel, I'll save it for dips, if it's medium map I'll make trade routes. Usually it's there for caravans though, them things are powerful
          "Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not. Why should I fear that which can only exist when I do not?"
          - Epicurus

Comment

I rush buy settlers when:
            1. My capitol is size 1 and it is my only city
            2. The grainbox of the previous level is full the next turn.
            3. To fill up a line.

The under 2 is expensive if you have to rush buy complete lines. If you have a production of 3 shields in a city, and the grainbox of previous level will be filled in 4 turns, it is cheaper to buy the settler in 4 turns, where every time 3 shields of a line are filled. (given you have already researched a 20 shield unit and a 30 shield unit tech).

Saying that you dont use this because it costs too much money is plain ignorance. It does not cost much money if you do it well, and it saves more then 2 or 3 turns if you micromanage all your cities. I believe it costs less gold to buy settlers then building the cities with shields because you get less tax from using trade fields.
            Woke23, proud member of Europe

Comment

It does depend though, if it's that early in the game, it is unlikely that you have warrior code or writing so you can't buy up that third rack. And then it's expensive. After I have one of those, I agree and will complete the rack every turn to complete them in four turns as long as the money holds out.

RAH
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
              X