buying settlers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying settlers

can someone please explain or point me to a thread on the buying setlers/grainbox thing, i seem to have missed that one !

Whole point is to rush (incrementaly) buy the settlers in right time so you have to wait only one turn before your city grows in size again. If you like,go to cheat mode and test this with different city size,count the grain etc.
    Me? No thanks. I like to play Civ2.
    My life, my rules

Comment

Whole point is to rush (incrementaly) buy the settlers in right time so you have to wait only one turn before your city grows in size again. If you like,go to cheat mode and test this with different city size,count the grain etc.
      Me? No thanks. I like to play Civ2.
      Wait, you don't want to tweak every single little detail in your favor so that you can be the ultimate king of civ? You don't spend hours trying to figure out the best strategies for being #1? you like actually playing the game the way it was designed to?

What may I ask is wrong with you
      I see the world through bloodshot eyes
      Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

and what is the advantage of this buying settlers in this fashion...
        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

THere is none. Only morons do it. You might buy yourself a turn or two max. But it screws other things up that I'm not going to go into. Better off to just maximize your proudction if you want to build settlers fast rather than buy them.

Comment

The advatage is what eyes just said, it buys you a turn or two. But all in all, if you can micromanage your cities well enough, then there is no need to level buy a settler. Save the gold for something better I say.
            "Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not. Why should I fear that which can only exist when I do not?"
            - Epicurus

Comment

you maximise sheild production, not trade ???

Comment

lol Of course. How else would I be able to expand so fast. You make up for the trade by having so many cities.

Comment

exactly
                  "Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not. Why should I fear that which can only exist when I do not?"
                  - Epicurus

Comment

funny...

Chosen is spelled this way...

not Choosen...

eyes and kuja, change your sig lines, you look illiterate like strat...
                    Where I've been

SAVE THE TREES...wipe your ass with an owl:)

Comment

ok how bout pollution control under 2x2x

Comment

I thought it looked a bit weird when I spelled it choosen, but I was too lazy to go look it up.

Comment

i figured it was just american spelling again, they change all the english words to their own spelling eg colour = color

Comment

Hmmm - If it is not a benefit to rush-build settlers in order to get a new city established faster (clearly an important advantage), then that suggests that having gold for other purposes is of some considerable importance.

For what purpose is the gold being accumulated, I wonder? Is it to rush-build *other* units? To buy barracks? To avoid being bribed? Does it's mere existence have some effect on the other aspects of the game?
                            Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                            Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                            Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                            Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

I don't know about all of that... I use my gold for a lot of things.. usually I will partially rush build a settler about 2 rows full then make production in that city at least 7 shields so the settler pops out in 3 turns... I don't think I ever fully rush build anything, instead it just micromanage my shields along with the partial buying of units to get lots of cities to build quicker rather than just one
                              - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                              X