Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright, so lets get down to business.

We need two permanent subs, one for the poor, seemingly un-wanted Mali, and the Mongols.

Easthaven is gone. No discussion. No negotiating. East can kiss our collective ass. Really, what a low down *****. Anyone that treats people like he does has no place in this game. Period. I won't play another sesssion with that sob.

Kent turned out to be a bust. The time zones were too incompatible. It would have been nice if he had kept his word and played this week like he said he would, but apparently his word isn't worth much either.

So now we are back to square one. Our game has stalled AGAIN. We need reliable people. The group we have now is great. Capo, Deity, Pro, Raz and I are all top notch players who care about the game and show the proper dedication. We need two more people of similar mettle and we need them asap. So everyone, talk to people you think would be good for the roles.

I am atleast happy for Raz, since now he doesnt have to miss any weeks
    I see the world through bloodshot eyes
    Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

• Drake, thanks for the uh, help...

Drake, word of advice; do not take up politics.

Easthaven, what Drake said is not the collective stance of the group, or at least not my stance. You were a good player, and a solid member of the HOTW group. Its unfortunant that your attendance was never really that perfect, I understand that there are some mitigating circumstances this time, but truth be told you were going to be cut weeks ago. This just seals the deal. While its not a big deal this week, considering the situation that is, this is the straw that broke the camel's back, sorry to see you go man. Its been real man, I am personally sad to see you go... we go way back...

Alright, well now that this situation has been addressed we should move on to the particulars, namely our roster. As of now the roster is as follows:

AL - Capo
      Zulus - Drake
      Israelites - Raz
      Mali - ?
      Chinese - Prometheus
      Australians - Deity
      Mongolians - ?

So we have two open slots. The Mongols are a very powerful nation with a lot of potential for such a big and already established country. The Mali, well now that their master politician is gone and a war with the AL and Israel hit them, they're pretty weak but still in contention with everyone else.

I'm pretty sure that NOBODY other than the group really reads these threads anymore, and I can't blame them. Let's face it folks, we rarely post, the site is hardly updated and when it is it isn't done very well. I'm not pointing fingers, I'm just saying that the quality of this game is not as good as it once was. Accross the board.

If we want it to get back to the way it was the first month, we're gonna have to start revamping the entire thing. The roster dwindles when there is no interest, there is no interest when there are no posts, there are no posts when there is no dedication, and there is no dedication when there are no sessions, there are no sessions when the roster dwindles. Its an endless circle. Somewhere we have to stop it, and the only way to do that is to fix this thing accross the board.

So, I'm going to need an effort from everyone. I know we've got a group of stand-up guys here. And frankly I always considered the current group to be the best part of this game... well short of Chris, he was pretty good...

Anyway listen. We're going to need to really find two good players to fill these slots. Not just skill-wise, we need guys that understand the dedication needed, we need guys to understand the semantics of the diplogame. And more importantly we need guys that are going to be flexible with some things. Dunno what that means, but hey, it sounded good... didn't it?

Nobody reads these threads, because they're boring, so we're going to have to hunt down our next two players. So Godspeed men, HOTW depends on you.

Peace.

"Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Adolf Freed

In the middle of the night the guards turned the key on Adolf's Cell and let the door swing open.

"WE are teribly sorry sir, but the sexual allegations agaisnt you were pretty serious. Luckily the girl making the allegations changed her mind"
        "Yes very lucky"smiled Adolf in a knowing way " But now back to my plans for the greater Israel"
        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• Alright...

OOC - This thread is cashed... heh, weed is good... anyway I'm making a new one, 150 is the limit. We don't want to piss off the powers that be do we?

Ming you're a f*ckin' moron.

Peace.
          "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• umm isnt 500 the limit now....

and why you insulting ming ????

Comment

• Originally posted by drake
              Alright, so lets get down to business.

Kent turned out to be a bust. The time zones were too incompatible. It would have been nice if he had kept his word and played this week like he said he would, but apparently his word isn't worth much either.

I was waiting up to 1 AM my time. No one was online.
              And i read the post from markusf who said he would not be availeble like before 2 am my time. And we would never had started before 2.30AM. and the session would last for 2-3 hours.
              We would'nt be done before 04.30am. and that gives me 1,5 hours of sleep before had to get up for work...
              I HAVE NO BAD FEELINGS ABOUT TELLING CAPO THAT I COULD NOT WAIT ANYMORE.

Hope you can understand me.

Comment

• dont take drakes comments to heart kent.. he has been through a lot lately with this gaem nearly coming to a halt after so long has been put into it..

pity re your time differnce you would have loved the game, but i for one am glad it wasnt played last week

Comment

• Thank you Raz for the positive response
                  Hope it goes well for you in this game.
                  I will just say watch youre north flank.

Comment

• no worries kent, its always good to cross paths with more diplo players....

AS for my northern flank, I am just as concerned with my wetern and southern and eastern flanks, part of the reason i accepted this civ was because no one else would and i wanted to prove how much fun can be had in diplo no matter which civ you play, whether it be biggest and best or smallest and threatened...

Comment

• oops wrong thread !!!

Edited .....................

Comment

• BUMP

I'm bumping the HOTW2 threads so they can at least be together and easier to find for people looking for them. Unfortunatly the first thread in HOTW2 is locked But if you look at all posts for the last year it is on page 9.

I strongly, strongly, strongly recommend that ALL of these HOTW2 threads be archived. This is THE game when it comes to Diplogaming. This game started in early spring or late winter of this year and is STILL GOING! This is a huge game which has generated more posts than anything else i can imagine.

I suggest CapTVK link to this in his Diplo FAQ update. And I suggest Drake find some way of putting all these threads up on the page so they can be safe. It would truly be a tragedy if any of these threads were lost and deleted.

So again to MarkG or Ming or whoever: Archive these threads!!
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                        X