The Extremely Important and Very Serious Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Extremely Important and Very Serious Challenge

I'll have you wantabees know that I have lost every game I've ever plaid on the Zone..that includes 3x5's, 6x11's, 12 &1/2's and a cuple of 14 & 5/8ths!
    I am also grand champiun of all Secret Gamers League battles, having posted a #1 ranking for 43 strait years.
    I am the best builder, fighter, trader, sailor, parachuter, settler, diplomaterer and king chatter this stupid messed up game has ever prodused!
    I laugh at your challenges, and, rather than putting my money were my mouth is, I'll continue to rant in an increasingly disturbing manner.
    Bring it on, turdheads! I'll mortalize ya! I'm the bestest theirs ever ben!

Actually, I'm a pretty crappy civ player, but I have a long weekend at home and would be interested in playing in the late evenings US Pacific time anywhere from Friday through Monday...and all day Tuesday. With a little advance warning, I could even work it to play some Aussies...I'd like to hook up with Horse, Fin, Hydey, Raz...whoever? Just ICQ me and let me know what times...I think you guys are like 17 hours ahead? So your playing times are late night for me, but I'll take a nap or something....
    Any kindhearted, easygoing folks interested?
    Life and death is a grave matter;
    all things pass quickly away.
    Each of you must be completely alert;
    never neglectful, never indulgent.

It would be cool to kick Uncle Sneaks arse.

Might make up for what he did to his young nephews arse
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Yeah...hope that inflateable pillow I sent you is working out.

Seriously...if you guys want to get a game going my Friday or Saturday night (morning, practically) let me know. I'll be doing a ****load of baby stuff during the day, so I'll have earned some goof off time.

Comment

Baby stuff eh sneak? Whens she gonna pop? Soon right?

I'd love to play with your pampered private school ass, but alas I'm traveling this weekend

I think I should start my own challenge thread so I can be cool too
        I see the world through bloodshot eyes
        Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Sneak, Sneak, I'd like to say yes and give you a definite time but its all a bit iffy. We are GMT plus 10 at the moment I think and we usually play from about 9pm AEST.

BUT its hard to set a precise time. finbar often shows up an hour later than everyone else - after he's finished his Osso Bucco, and if Deity shows up, add at least half an hour to set up time . Also Hydey like to go invisible on icq so we never know if he's around or not, lowang takes drugs and has a cr*p connection, which affect his *ahem* reliability and Rasputin is from Queensland, which is like an Australian version of Arkansaw, nuff said on that score. I don't show up until after Mrs Horse goes to bed or, on Saturday night, The Bill finishes and Mrs Horse goes to bed.

And I should warn you that lately after an hour or so of farting around there is no game at all.

So, good luck catching us
          Last edited by Alexander's Horse; May 25, 2001, 01:58.
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Well..screw that...you guys are lame!

But if it happens, it happens. If you see me on this weekend, let me know what time to show up.
            If you're not all drunk, stoned, eating caviar or ***** whipped, maybe we'll play a game.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSneak

Well..screw that...you guys are lame!
              Yes, some of us are feeling rather lame at the moment

I think the best solution would be whoever shows up, just start a game straight away but put in 7 civs and those who are late can hotjoin. Gives us all an incentive to be on time.

Best I can do
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

A.Horse, Uncle sneak is not going to be around at 9:30 pm our time. thats in the morning over there.
                I will be around on our Sunday during the day which will be Sneaks Saturday evening .
                I will play with you Uncle Sneak

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Are you all on the same time zone?
                  I thought you are 17 hours ahead of Pacific US...which means if you play at say...8pm on a given night, it would be 3 am here...I could actually do that, seeing as how I'll be tired from doing baby stuff...go to bed early my Friday...get up and catch your Sat pm game and play for about 4 or 5 hours...does that work?

Or, as Hydey suggested, a Sunday afternoon game...

But I warn you, I'm pathetic. There won't be much satisfaction in kicking my ass, that's for sure.

Comment

Well, the Sneakster's on US West Coast time, which means we're 17 hours (not to mention, in another sense, Light Years) ahead of him. So our evening games - when they happen - start at about 5am for him, 10pm for us, and so on. And his 10pm, for the sake of argument, would be 3pm the next day for us. I can probably make it (our) Sunday arvo if you can, Hydey.

PS. We'll overlook his confusion between the verb "to play" and the other word best described as twilled woollen cloth usually with a chequered or tartan pattern. Or I will anyway.
                    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

No, no, no! Make him get up at 5am - its good practice for baby feeds and it means Mrs Sneak can get some sleep without his morning glory pestering.

Also, I like lion hunting.

Comment

Well, 5AM and your Sunday are both doable.
                        How long do you guys usually play?
                        What are the settings du juor these days?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSneak
                          Well, 5AM and your Sunday are both doable.
                          How long do you guys usually play?
                          What are the settings du juor these days?
                          deity/med map/no city bribe/no alliances/simul war/unit bribe = Aussie Rules - they suck, I know, the result of 'consensus' LOL
                          "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

PS. We'll overlook his confusion between the verb "to play" and the other word best described as twilled woollen cloth usually with a chequered or tartan pattern. Or I will anyway.
                            Come on, don't you recognize parody when you see it? And you do satire for a living? You're in big trouble if you thought that was serious. It was merely my "Let's Play a Game" sung to the tune of "I'm a Colossal Idiot Named Eyes".

Maybe it wasn't that good?

Comment

I will be here Sunday Finnie so its a goer, what ever time you want.

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Working...
                              X