The Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Challenge

I personally think you are all a bunch of wantabees. Most of you are so wrapped up in yourselves that you refuse to admit that there are more acomplished players outside apoloyton.
    Thus i offer this challenge to you civ2 strategically limited individuauls:
    1) a premade board by a third party
    2) no huts(best way to eliminate luck)
    3) no wonders(prevents unovercomeable advantages)
    4) large board
    no other rules
    optionally...if you get yourself a partner, ill find one and we can play a team game...
    further option...a three team parlay...6 player game with 3 teams...
    If you got the gelt, just bring it..
    you can find me in the msn gaming zone under strategicking or thru icq at 85870472

Dont mistake our apathy for egoism. Its not that we think there are no good players outside of Apolyton, its just that we dont give a damn.

Comment

Strat just wants the Rachet Jaw Award.
      Here, have my vote.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Strat...I went through this like a few months ago. Why don't you get something original? And I think I speak for everyone when I say I don't want you representing the players outside of apolyton. The object is to show that Apolyton is inferior, not to make them laugh at us. I'd actually join Apolyton in making you look like an idiot, but you have already done the work for me. But if you insist on making a fool of yourself, I suggest you play all your games as 1x1x as I did.

Comment

1x1x Deity level Raging hordes 7 civs large world ......

ahhh my fav settings
          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I'd actually join Apolyton in making you look like an idiot, but you have already done the work for me.
            You've done the work for yourself too big guy
            I see the world through bloodshot eyes
            Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Deity is a retarding setting that prevents expansion of capabilities and only acts to bunch up the pack and is used by those not truely competant at a high speed game.
              1 x 1 is also a retarding setting making it easier to play for all.
              (and it makes the game strech on endlessly)
              As far as you go Eys, I thought you were suffering from aoa. Guess not.
              I am 8 time Game League Champion, I have a sterling record at civ2 play and certainly one of the most accomplished players in the world.
              Still nobody accepts, I expected as much.

Comment

Deity is a retarding setting that prevents expansion of capabilities and only acts to bunch up the pack and is used by those not truely competant at a high speed game.
                1 x 1 is also a retarding setting making it easier to play for all.
                Hate to break it to ya sport, but that was how the game was designed to be played.

Civ is NOT an arcade game, it was never designed to be a "high speed game". I'm sure Sid cringes every time he thinks of people playing his game with that arcade mentality..........

You keep playing the game you want to play and get excited about it, but you'll never get any recognition from anyone that plays the game as it was designed.............sorry

Comment

ROTFLMAO...
                  StrategicKing2... you stated in "your challange" preferences best suited to your style, and then said no other rules. Now you whine about settings... HA HA HA HA.

If you are the "best", then settings shouldn't matter to you. If you can only play on specific settings... then don't call yourself the best... HA HA HA HA
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Both are duelers of small world and 2x.
                    Neither are Civilization builders.

I'm begining to think it's just the one person, arguing with himself in a manner most recognized in Turet Syndrome patients.

Or maybe like Jim Carrey in "Liar,Liar", one will beat himself
                    (more) senseless.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Yeah sloww, I think you're on the right path........

Fight Club comes to mind

Comment

I think I finally understand "Wanker".
                        I just needed a good illustration, and may have ended up with either 2, or 1 excellent one.
                        It depends on if a multiple personality, as it were, is involved.

Comment

*SuperSneak looks into his crystal ball and sees the future of Eyes and StrategyKing2: both are mildly overweight, chainsmoking Marlboro 100's, wearing rumpled knock off suits...and staring each other down from across a busy street...one is a salesman for Kia, the other for Daewoo...and aint nothin' happening for them in the future, either
                          Life and death is a grave matter;
                          all things pass quickly away.
                          Each of you must be completely alert;
                          never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

Strat, I played 1x1x Medium worlds in all my games against apolyton. While I agree that it takes away from the game and makes it easier for people to survive, you should still beat them at what they feel they're best at. I had no problem defeating them, if you're as good as you think you are, which you're definitely not, then you should have no problem either.

Comment

I tell ya, when it comes to the nut cutting, and I can see a buck to be made, going to have to pick Eyes.

Comment

Working...
                              X