No announcement yet.

Big real world game using special 100x100 map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hydey wishes to appoligise to all players in this game , Deity led me to believe we where starting at 10 am so I got online well before that to sed through the cricket scores that I have to send in by 10 am every Sunday. I am suffering from a very heavy virus and after playing cricket yesterday I had to go to hospital to be rehydrated, I got out at 8 am and home by 8:30 am . I do not wish any of you to think I am a no show as I really wanted to play this game and would have played every session until the game was over.
    Once again Hydey wishes to say sorry and that I hope all of you (not Deity) have an enjoyable game and play it to the finish.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Session One finally got underway.
      Sorry about Hydey, but he missed out and Nappy wasn't available either.

I'll write my story later but here's the state of play at 450BC

NB It's clear that I had allocated civs to Hydey and Nappy and I had posted and icq'd the recent scheduled times for playing but Hydey hadn't been online to find that out Not sure what happened to Nappy?

Thanks to bakunine and Zylka and War4ever for filling in - we now have 7 human players!

------------------
      *deity of THE DEITIANS*
      aka: half-assed dieticians
      icq# 8388924

Comment

Deity.....sorry I missed your game. Had a sudden family emergency today and am just getting home now. I'm glad to see that you have a full slate of players though and good luck with the game!!! And I was really hoping to get a game going with your group....maybe next time...
        " First France......then the WORLD!"

Comment

If you need a 7th player for a this game then I'm your Huckleberry

Comment

How about simul turn at the start and switch to turn based at 1ad. Deity, could you email the scenario to me at racndoc@aol.com.Thanx
            " First France......then the WORLD!"

Comment

Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
              and kill them!

Comment

No worries Nappy. Still don't think we've played together yet?
                We must get a game together soon!

I think this game rocks. I love a huge map And agharta's icon collection works really well.

carnide hates it, but oh well

I'll start another thread for the game stories. I'd really like you all to post but of course do whatever makes you happy.

Once again, I'm sorry Hydey. I thought you may have been in the same position as Nappy.

------------------
                *deity of THE DEITIANS*
                icq# 8388924

Comment

This sounds interesting....sign me up

------------------
                  Advice is like snow; the softer it falls, the longer it dwells upon, and the deeper it sinks into the mind. -Samuel Taylor Coleridge
                  Advice is like snow; the softer it falls, the longer it dwells upon, and the deeper it sinks into the mind. -Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Comment

Sorry Cim, but a full house at the moment....
                    Can you play at the same time as agharta?

This game continues as per last week.

----

I just want to re-iterate that some players seem to take longer than others NOT because they are micro-managing but because their units crawl when moving (even when using the GoTo mouse command) because of CONNECTION SPEED.
                    Simul speeds up games to some extent but I don't think it's fair to get caught up in this ego-trip of how quick your turns are. It spoils the game for me. I'm just letting everyone know that I'm NOT going to be rushing my turns in the next session. I've worked hard on this map and game settings and am also a bit disappointed in the lack of story-telling

Because my units move so slowly on my 56k connection in Australia I have very little time for microing anyway. You'd have to see my screen to understand what I'm talking about. My microing would take about 15/20 secs per turn at max. I use the F keys to check city builds and happiness. I take a little extra time to line up wholesale WLTPD's.

Tell me this. After all you guys at Apolyton finally convinced me that incremental rush buying was OK; (I never use to do it) do all you guys do it in Simul games? I'd say that would have to be the slowest bit of microing.

My preferences are moving back to turn-based games I think. I'm really enjoying Capo's diplo game which is turn-based (and with wonderful story-telling!) and not that much slower than simul. You get time to think things out and become part of an imaginary world. Simul is looking like a shooter game - great for quick thinking reflexive types Not really the civ I love to savour.

It gets down to our individual preferences - one isn't better than the other. They are different games.

------------------
                    *deity of THE DEITIANS*
                    icq# 8388924

Comment

War4 can't make this weeks session but if eveyone else can I think War would be happy for us to find a sub. So, if this is the case would Hydey or Nappy, who missed out on a start in this game, like to pick up the whites? (MP3's) Or anyone else?

------------------
                      *deity of THE DEITIANS*
                      icq# 8388924

Comment

Now I've got a problem!
                        I either can't make it or I'm going to be very late so I hope you don't play without me.... sorry. I'll check in as soon as I can to see what's up.

------------------
                        *deity of THE DEITIANS*
                        icq# 8388924

Comment

I was here, its a shame you chose to give me the arse from this game Deity as it seems others are not as reliable as Hydey.

------------------
                          I am the real Troll
                          A.H. is a nice guy
                          Sooky Sooky La La
                          The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

We continue this weekend for Session Two:
                            Sun 9am for Aussies
                            which is 2pm Sat PST USA
                            which is 5pm Sat EST USA
                            which is 10pm Portugeser time

Can I get confirms from:
                            Agharta
                            War4ever
                            Markus
                            carnide
                            Bakunine
                            Zylka

Hydey, if not too upset, may be a gracious sub should we need one

------------------
                            *deity of THE DEITIANS*
                            icq# 8388924

Comment

If anyone new joins the game in this session this is the current download of the 'real' scenario:

www.ozemail.com.au/~iadkins/real.zip

You must install this in your:

Scenario

folder in a folder called:

real

------------------
                              *deity of THE DEITIANS*
                              icq# 8388924

Comment

carnide isn't sure he can make it yet

Damn, we really need War4ever and carnide to keep this great game going

------------------
                                *deity of THE DEITIANS*
                                icq# 8388924

Comment

Working...
                                X