Big real world game using special 100x100 map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big real world game using special 100x100 map

I've designed a map based on the idea of trying to create as real a world-like situation as possible. The final inspiration came from *he/she who has been banned* but I've been thinking about it for a while.

Basically we play by the rules in the manual!
    Now there's a novel approach

This is an overview of the map. Rather than the snaky, puddle riddled mess that the auto maps create this is an attempt to emulate Earth-like climate patterns and cogniscent of continental drift.
    I haven't done many maps but I really like this effort. However if CapTVK, ozzy, Cavebear or any other renowned map-makers wish to fine-tune it I'd be delighted! BUT I'm not trying to make it easy or even within the formulas of the game but REALISTIC.

I'm looking for 6 other players who would like to do this. It is NOT a diplo game but if you think about the size of the map and the 255 city limit will force a bit of reality into the situation so that planetary conquest is less likely, but possible.
    So, we will treat it like a diplo game. I want players who LOVE large maps and who will let their imagination loose in this world. At least one solid paragraph MUST be written by each player for the game story thread.

I think the best time MIGHT be USA Saturday morning/Europe afternoon/Aussie late night... but let's see what happens with any interest shown.

I'll post some game graphics in a moment.
    This is a fully-fledged modpak with custom map/terrain/units etc. Let me know if you want it sent. It MUST be put in a folder called - real (lower case) which MUST be in your Scenario folder in the Civ folder.

The rules are:
    * AS per the manual (NOT diplo rules)
    * Deity level
    * Raging hordes

Possible scenario adjustments - feedback needed:
    * Max cities per civ set at 36?
    * Simul - except for war?
    * Game ending year set much later to allow counter-strats time to end SS flights Say, 2200AD?

Standard 'features' that seem to be used by everyone such as incremental rush buying of units is OK, I reckon.

------------------
    *deity of THE DEITIANS*
    aka: half-assed dieticians
    icq# 8388924

Roman start:

------------------
    *deity of THE DEITIANS*
    icq# 8388924

Comment

Another bit of the map with units...
      These units/icons are ripped off from everywhere but were sent to me from *he/she who has been banned*

I'd like to get rid of the shield on the grassland though... I'll do this I think. There is an icon that has one tree on it to represent the shield.
      I want the map to be CLEAR yet as real as possible - some icons are great but frustrate one's understanding of the map.

------------------
      *deity of THE DEITIANS*
      icq# 8388924

Comment

Nice work, D!
        Great idea on the timing of play so as to get all 3 major areas of players to the game at same time.

Rational rules too.

I'm not interested in playing... just refuse to play on ANY known map.
        Now if U could find 1 of those great mapmakers that would do it & get it started without ANY player knowing t, I'd be there in a heatbeat!
        "Hm-m-m, doubt me you will?"

Comment

that damm ironclad is still in there..... the thing looks ridiculous does anyone have a nother picture of one of these things.... it gives me a headache ....

BTW nicely done Deity
          Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

hey i dont think i can commit to any regualr time but i offer to sub whenever i avaialble...
            although i also prefer random maps....
            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I will play with you Deity the dieter.

I have one question

Who will be the one to run away first when he is ot winning

------------------
              I am the real Troll
              A.H. is a nice guy
              Sooky Sooky La La
              The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

We've got 4 players so far!

carnide
                *bhibsub*
                deity
                hydey

We must get 7!

Post best times to play you guys - we may have to work around carnide.

I too am happy to have, not so much a random/auto map (which will suck), but another simliar map made by a 3rd party that mone of the players see revealed.

------------------
                *deity of THE DEITIANS*
                icq# 8388924

Comment

Aussie evenings sounds good to me, every evening around 9 would be nice

Ha who am I kidding , yanks will insist we play at there times

------------------
                  I am the real Troll
                  A.H. is a nice guy
                  Sooky Sooky La La

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

always working around the damn time sl;ots of our northern hemisphere friends

Comment

You got this thing set to go yet Deity

------------------
                      I am the real Troll
                      A.H. is a nice guy
                      Sooky Sooky La La

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Deity....the map looks great!. I'd like to be in this game if there's room and the times work out. I could play on Sat. mornings if it was very early...say from 1000 Apolyton time till 1300.
                        " First France......then the WORLD!"

Comment

This is looking good!
                          We will have a class game on our hands here.

It is heading towards the times that Nappy is free.
                          Can everyone confirm availability for 10am USA EST in this thread?
                          This image will help you to decide on the civ you want.
                          NB When we play the game the map will be hidden.

Also, final comments on rules?
                          We want to play as close to the manual as possible but can discuss:
                          * city bribe
                          * simul
                          * Oracle, Bach and Mikes expiries
                          * Game ending year is set at 2200AD

The civs are not meant to be fair.
                          We are playing a "real" scenario here and it is diplo in style and approach by default but world conquest IS allowable.

I'll probably take the civ no one else wants
                          So, pick your civs - first in best dressed!!

You'll need the latest modpak to play and I'll get a link here soon for you to download it or I can icq/e-mail it to you.

BTW - I have much patience in helping people set up their scenarios correctly And happy to do test runs online with anyone who wants.

------------------
                          *deity of THE DEITIANS*
                          icq# 8388924

Comment

The light blue colour (was Chinese) is to be called 'The Americans' led by 'Abe' (agharta).

Tell me the civ you want and your leader name and I'll edit it into the scenario.

deity appoints Captain Deiticus to lead THE DEITIANS in their quest for survival in this strange and wondrous land. But he knows not the colour of his civ, as yet.....

Come on, grab your colour (color) while they're hot

No point me picking one - I'm colour-blind as you may have gleaned from my maps LOL

You know, it would be very nice if Drake joined this game.... not just because he's a good player but, well..... he does good websites for diplo-style games with stories....... Come on Francis!

------------------
                            *deity of THE DEITIANS*
                            icq# 8388924
                            <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by deity (edited March 01, 2001).]</font>

Comment

S owhen this game going to be palyed Deity.. I will make myslef avaialble for any no shows if necessary.. Again I cant committ to regular unfortunatly..

Is that the map you using or you going to use an unknown map made by soemone else..

and waht modpack you referring to ???

Comment

Working...
                              X