No announcement yet.

Tales from the Diplomatic Front - VII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i didnt accept a show trial! i want a real trial.

Comment

As (by now) a veteran diplogamer, I could tell several things from just five minutes of subbing in this game. It needs to be scrapped. Two hosts up and quit without warning. When I joined the time limit was not altered to allow me to figure out my civ. Another player quit without warning. The Germans are vastly ahead, of course, because they started out in Europe, because player positions were randomized. Overall, it's complete chaos. Diplo games require trustworthy, non-jackass players & a carefully calibrated rules.txt and map.

My $0.02.

------------------
      Curumbor Elendil
      jason.sorens@yale.edu
      ICQ 56126989
      Curumbor Elendil
      http://pantheon.yale.edu/~jps35/
      ICQ 56126989

Comment

2 cents? That's all that you got?
        The text above this was my post. Read it.

Comment

This was truly a bizarre game - I subbed as the Russian, Gjost took over for the English, and more than an hour into the game, Curumbor subbed for the Japanese. And as he entered the game he requested some extra time to take stock of his position - a common request in such a situation. The host - Joe (the Americans) - apparently thought this request was too great a nuisance and ignored it. After allowing the time to run out on the Japanese' turn, Joe let us know he was not about to allow any ******* delays - at which point I suggested he might be playing alone with such an attitude - he immediately retired. Germany became the host and I'm not sure what happened to him, but the game ended at this point.

Nice job of hosting Joe

Comment

Bezerker, I have been the host for the entire time and never left early like I HAD TO today, and I wish you would have been told the following information:

1. My Computer is the only one in the house, therefore I must share it with family members. My brother had to use it, and I had to get off for I had already been on for 3 hours.

2.I told Ozzy and Capo that I had to leave because I had exams tomorrow, SORRY FOR ANY INCONVIENENCE MY EDUCATION HAS CAUSED YOU AND YOUR GAMES!

4. In the last 2 session, we have gotten through 12 turns. Players are constantly subbing and leaving, quitting and acting like ******. I won't mention any names (Common).

I am sorry theNothing let you guys down and did not continue the game, but it is hardly my fault!!!
            <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by JDI_Falcon (edited June 05, 2000).]</font>
            I didn't know it was a Penis when I bought it.

Comment

You ignored the request of the Japanese for more time! After his time ran out you said, no F****** delays, and 1 or 2 seconds after I expressed disgust with your behavior, you left without any explanation. This is what happened! Not this fairy tale you are now offering...

Comment

Don't believe me? Ask Hapsburg and Ozzy themselves. Yes, I admit I did not see the Japanese request, but I would have eventually done it because I did not see it because I civilization II minimized as I was bidding on a product on EBAY. Don't believe me? Check it yourself, I am cotterdaly and I bought Tiberian Sun from someone for 15.50, the product # is 346484911. I probably should have paid more attention to what was going on, but I needed to get this game AND by the time I restored Civ2, the Japanese's turn was up, and he said something like "well that was great." In addition to this, unseen to your eyes was my conversation with Reefer and Ozzy, telling them I had to leave.
                <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by JDI_Falcon (edited June 05, 2000).]</font>

Comment

sniff,
                  still the scapegoat, and i got kicked out at the start of the 3rd session.

how come noone ever mentions my offer of total peace and demilitarization?

Comment

I'm not doubting you had something else to do and wanted to quit at some point - so why not ask us to save the game for the next session rather than let the ai take over your civ?

And if you only returned to the game from your other venture to see Curumbor's comment "well that was great", then why did you respond with no more F****** delays? You must have known he had been asking for a delay - yet you claim to have missed his request for more time!

Then immediately following my comment about your behavior you left the game - this all happened within 15 seconds or so. If you got mad about the slow play and wanted to quit for the night, fine, just admit it (it aint a big deal) - and it wouldn't hurt to apologise for your conduct.

Comment

Cadiz Post
                      1080 a.d.
                      1 gold.

============
                      Top Story
                      ============

Japanese rebels retake control from Monarch!
                      In a stunning and undexpected turn of events, the Japanese rebel Tokugawa has reclaimed the Republic of Japan. As his rebel troops stormed the capital, however, Monarcharial officers and followers fled the scened and are believed to be hiding in the Amazon basin's dense forests. Relations between all PAA members are said to not have changed due to this conflict. It is unclear at present when Japan's governing problems will see thier end, but this is definantly a ray of hope for the Japanese people and their freedom.

============
                      Domestic News
                      ============

Iberian tax money at an all time high!
                      The Iberian tax surplus has risen drastically since the inception of the Federal Republic. Since its initial growth of 200%, the Federation now brings in in excess of 300% of that original surplus. The Iberian senate has proposed adding much of this surplus to either public works (luxuries) or Scientific ends, however at this time no official legislation has been passed in that regards.

Jesus DeLaCruz wins Iberian Elections!
                      In a very close race, Jesus DeLaCruz has captured the Consulate of the Iberian Federation, defeating long time Consul and leader of the IRA Savio Garza, when asked of his loss Garza said "I am very proud of Jesus, me and him have known eachother for quite some time, through the IRA years and even to this day remain good friends, I am very proud of his achievment, I wish him all the best of luck." It was believed by many analysts that the change of power from the Hawk party to the Dove may cause civil strife, but none was evident on election day.

============
                      International Report
                      ============

Russians acquire new leader
                      The rulership of former Russian king Ty has come to a screaching halt as he has been diagnosed with a serious ailment, at this time it is unclear who will take over the Russian empire full time, but in his absensce his Human cousin did do quite a remarkable job, expanding the Russian land claims westward. This reporter wonders whether or not there are any other able rulers in the Russian Royal family, the "Subs" that would like the job?

====
                      I apologize for the short post, but we hardly played
                      ====
                      "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

Let's stop screwing around here people, we don't have time for this petty bickering.

I propose the next game for Wednesday at 6:30 eastern standard time.

If there are any objections please reach me at nkreefer@aol.com
                        AIM me at NKReefer
                        Or get me on the zone, my name is The_Hapsburg.

C'mon guys, this game is starting to get interesting, we should really play it out, and less arguing over stupid crap.

God.
                        "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

Wednesdays are out for me, but I wouldn't let that stop you guys from playing - Russia is really out of this game anyway. Maybe Lor Ty will resume control of this floundering power. I have a Dip game Thursday too, so I can play only on Tuesday, Friday, or the weekend.

Comment

Guys, I did save the game before I left, so we can continue there.

Bezerker- I am not sure you understand, I came back just as the Japanese made that statement, I then read what was above it and from the determined he wanted a longer turn. Granted, I was sick of the delay and I SHOULD have been paying attention, and for that I sincerely apologize. But I am not lying when I say I talked to Capo and Ozzy about 5 minutes b4 I left. Or at least Ozzy.

With that hopefully behind us, lets find a time, why is Tuesday no good? I can play any night this week.
                            <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by JDI_Falcon (edited June 06, 2000).]</font>

Comment

f
                              <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by JDI_Falcon (edited June 06, 2000).]</font>

Comment

I'm officially quiting the game. Russia sucks so bad right now. If I had been in from the beginning, I would stay in because Russia would be a lot better. It's just boring when your civ sucks that bad. I hope you guys have a good game.
                                The text above this was my post. Read it.

Comment

Working...
                                X