X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this game is jinxed

Comment

Rasputin:

I was substitute for you yestreday,no more than 7-8 turns,though.
      There are few things you need to know....

-city on Frank territory is starved,you're 5 shields short to make settlers from it
      -i've madaged to decrease your luxury rate from 60% to 30% w/o much entertainers
      -Adam Smith is finished. Your only maintenance are 2 aqueducts (one is in size 5 city,i haven't build that one )
      -you're one turn to Gunpowder (Deity told me your tech goal is fundy).

Word of advice.......screw fundy. You have plenty of good trade routes. Build some marketplaces and banks in bigger cities.
      Your infrastructure is terrible. I've finished some harbours,but you're short of 3x food squares. Transform those swamps/jungles around your cities. Pyramids are cool,but with only 1-2 food surplus per city you're doomed. Frank is already 3x bigger than you and w/o happines wonders you have to work hard until you see your 1st WLTPD.

Take care and have fun.

------------------
      No i ain't doing much,doing nothing means alot to me (AC/DC)
      My life, my rules

Comment

I subbed for the Romans for four turns. I accepted lots and lots of tech from Deity and went into revolution for Democracy. At the time I retired I still hadn't gotten it. I changed some production from caravels to other useful units, such caravans. You already had 3-4 ships, I didn't think any more were necessary. Also built a few new cities, which thanks to Deity are now able to build phalanxes.

Trade maps a couple of times as well, & uncovered a hut for the Sioux.

------------------
        Curumbor Elendil
        jason.sorens@yale.edu
        ICQ 56126989
        Curumbor Elendil
        http://pantheon.yale.edu/~jps35/
        ICQ 56126989

Comment

Are we on for this at 1800 USA EDT Sat night?
          I can do a few hours but will probably have to switch to my tourney game by 2100.
          We should only play this if all the key players show. I'm sure we will finish it but please Matt and Raz let us know. Empress, Dangime, hydey and myself usually show up.

------------------
          *THE DEITY*

Comment

Getting up early on Sunday morning only to find others not turning up is not my idea of fun , PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT.

Comment

I will be here in 7 hours time to continue this game. As we have all had a week to notify everyone of any problems we can all assume that all will be here on time . If someone decides not to show I will take it that they no longer wish to be apart of this Diplo game.

Comment

I will be logged on to ICQ in 6hrs in the event y'all want/need a sub.

------------------
                "These are great days we're living, bros!'We are jolly green giants, walking the earth with guns.
                These people we wasted here today ... are the finest human beings we will ever know.
                After we rotate back to the world, we're gonna miss not having anyone around that's worth shooting."
                <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Mr Dimbleby (edited June 10, 2000).]</font>
                Thousands of monkeys are creating havoc in the corridors of power, barging into government offices, stealing food, threatening bureaucrats, and even ripping apart valuable documents.

Hey! That dried vomit under the couch looks like a horny toad.

Comment

It is interesting to read the comments above re my civ after it was run by another, whilts I understand why they were stated, I must totally disagree with them for this game. My civ has been setup as part of an allaince not as a single civ trying to win. I am experimenting a little in this game with this setup as I beleive that in this type of game where an allaince can win , that for a strong allaince you need differing type sof civs, if we all follow the same old boring paths of research and city develpoment then we will end up competing with each other. In this game the player to land on AC doesnt win alone, he will have his allaince with him or her.
                  So as an experiment I qm taking a completely different tack re the way I am going to manag emy civ and utilise resources. The number of caravans I use and units i have wil lb etotally different than if I was trying to win myself...

Comment

It is interesting to read the comments above re my civ after it was run by another, whilts I understand why they were stated, I must totally disagree with them for this game. My civ has been setup as part of an allaince not as a single civ trying to win. I am experimenting a little in this game with this setup as I beleive that in this type of game where an allaince can win , that for a strong allaince you need differing type sof civs, if we all follow the same old boring paths of research and city develpoment then we will end up competing with each other. In this game the player to land on AC doesnt win alone, he will have his allaince with him or her.
                    So as an experiment I qm taking a completely different tack re the way I am going to manag emy civ and utilise resources. The number of caravans I use and units i have wil lb etotally different than if I was trying to win myself...

Comment

Once again I get myself up at 7:30 Sunday morning (the only day I can sleep in) for this diplo game. No-one has posted that they can't make it or even sent an ICQ message,so it must be on.

No wrong again ,people are just to stupid to let other's know that they are unavailable.

To avoid futore anger I will only turn up if all players post that they will be here,if one person doesn't post from now until I go to bed next Saturday night ,I will stay in bed.

I hope this is simple enough for you all

I am available next Sunday morning only if all players post

Thankyou for those who will even bother to read this

Comment

I finally got to a computer. I will not be able to make it. sorry. Who else didn't show?
                        Apolyton Empress
                        "Tongue tied and twisted, just and earth bound misfit..."

"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative" --found on a bathroom wall

Comment

Jeez, Hydey, got out of bed early and on the wrong side.

------------------
                          finbar
                          Mono Rules!
                          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

I wont be here Sunday working dayshifts .... SORRY

I am free for night game Wednesday though

Comment

well i ma avaialble sunday for continuation

Comment

See if Empress is back. She was on vacation.

Comment

Working...
                                X