X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoPostal
    replied
    Well...

We could edit the events to allow negotiations - we all know how.

Leave a comment:

• Eivind IV
    replied
    But as it is now one can't declare war as one self wishes. Negotiations are disalowed and thus making the traditional PBEM war declarations something of the past.

Leave a comment:

• Harry Tuttle
    replied
    The war events seem to be randomized. I say keep them. The scenario is supposed to mimic the worldwide situation during WW1 anyways, and really, if two players don't want a war then that can be resolved by not attacking or making peace right off the bat. Hell, it'll keep us nice and parnoid.

Leave a comment:

• Eivind IV
    replied
    Originally posted by GoPostal
    Yes, so Kobra, please start the game.

Also, this is my first PBEM, I have read the idiot's guide at the top, anything else I need to know?
    Wait a minute! Are there any open season events for this scen? For a PBEM that is imo a must. If not the events will decide according to real history when nationas declare war on one another and so on, even if say the Italian player chooses to be on the central side.

Leave a comment:

• yaroslav
    replied
    Yes, GoPostal we can use my utility

Mi MSN is dejamk@hotmail.NOSPAM.com

without the NOSPAM, of course

So everyone is invited to contact for

1) Preparing the war against Germany

2) Any help with PBEMs or CivDip3.0 I can give

Leave a comment:

• GoPostal
    replied
    So we use CivDip instead of talking with what would be an AI (because it loads like a normal SP game, I assume)

Leave a comment:

• JamesJKirk
    replied
    It's pretty straight forward. Kobra'll be the one to set it up, so he'll have to do that, we just play and load like regular. I'm sure you know about ctrl-n'ing, and also don't look at the demographics screen (F11 I think) because that can screw with players' production for some reason.
    There're also utilities like CivTweak some people use, and at some point it may be necessary to use Civdip or on online meeting, but you can play it by ear.

Hope I haven't made it sound too overwhelming, it's really quite easy, and there's plenty of experienced people around here to help you out

Leave a comment:

• GoPostal
    replied
    Yes, so Kobra, please start the game.

Also, this is my first PBEM, I have read the idiot's guide at the top, anything else I need to know?

Leave a comment:

• JamesJKirk
    replied
    They were neutral until April 1917, and US troops didn't start showing up in Europe until late 1917 - early 1918. We can leave them open for now, and annouce the opening in the threads for other games we're in, and hopefully by the time we get there we'll have someone.

who starts it off....Germany?

Leave a comment:

• GoPostal
    replied
    Well, they are neutral until 1916, so we could have each player alternate playing them until then

Leave a comment:

• yaroslav
    replied
    USA is very important, I'm afraid.

As they're allies, I volunteer to play them along with the Entente and if someone want to join in the future I'll give them to the new player

What do you think?

Leave a comment:

• GoPostal
    replied
    Well, we could leave them until someone joins, or start with them computer, and if anyone wants in, they could have them.

Leave a comment:

• JamesJKirk
    replied
    It looks like they should be, since the allies are. They're mostly just the US and South America, I think.

Leave a comment:

• yaroslav
    replied
    Are the free nations designed to be human controlled?

Leave a comment:

• POTUS
    replied
    Sure.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X