Alliance Ethics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ljcvetko

This shift in politics is going to cost the Tartars dearly. Unless they surrender Uppsala and Subotica to the Serbs, there is not going to be peace between us. I wonder if winzity is going to be pleased with the way you handled the foreign affairs in his absence.

We allready exchanged city's with you gaining Krim II and Sigtuna for Subotica.

At the time you were ok with this and now that you realised you wasted a couple hundred shields on building useless crooks you decide you want 2 more city's????

I thought I made sure Winz could take his civ back unharmed and a lot stronger then when he finished the last session. If I had known that I wouldnt have traded at all and your crooks would have died attacking the fortified/river/forrest pikes in Sigunta...........

The people didn't know what was going on. Some of them (deity and he is going to pay for it) simply enjoyed the spectacle. You see from the comments in this thread that you shouldn't have used the alliance to plant a city in the middle of my territory like that.
    Were they asleep????

And seeing that you did the same thing by stealing a good spot with whale/oil and oasis whats the point?

I don't expect someone I'm allied with to break all agreements between us all of the sudden. Nevertheless, that happened precisely. Unfortunately, you are going to get away with it because winzity is going to take over again in the next session.
    Reading the above one could say you got away with it

The mess you made cannot be described with words.
    Tarters shifted the balance of power, they came out stronger while the Serbs lost a lot of ground.

And if I were you I wouldnt decide on an all-out war as the only city you can destroy in the next session is Uppsala.

Shame I cant play this civ in next sessions

Comment

If the Tartars don't surrender Uppsala and Subotica to compensate the Serbs for their loss of shields, we shall not stop until Trondheim is burned to the ground.

You can still be in the next session if winzity agrees.

And yes, since I have so many crooks I might as well use them. However, I'll refrain from doing so for those two cities. I insist on that for the protection of my civ, for I can never trust the Tartars again.

And I have learned treachery in your school.

Comment

Y'all should roleplay this conflict and put it in the story thread.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

guys guys, settle down, take this away from this debate on how alliances and subs do things to the story thread.....

as for alliances i too am stuck with some in the current game i didnt make, my sub did it for me. He never asked me for any advice he just did it, and now i have to live with it. its a pity that no emails were sent to get a overall plan from me. but at least the game went on.
          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I think alliance's shouldn't be used to commit actions that'd be considered "hostile" like this one.

But that's one reason I haven't exactly pressed my allies for exact boarders yet. Maybe its just my position.

In the future I think for my civ itself I'll try to avoid the "strategic" alliance and instead make specific defensive (or offensive > ) pacts clear with players as neccessary. I suggest you guys do the same.

Comment

I'm just catching up with all this

Remember, this is a diplo game with role-playing. Play the role, not the player. Make decisions based on your world story.

We must separate technical issues from game-play... more later....
              "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
              *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

I vote that from here on in we must always use the FA when requested. It is diplo and at least a formally cancelled alliance gives some for warning.

During the game I thought that what atawa was doing was not a problem and I don't blame him at all. However the game is full of experienced players who like me didn't fully understand Lubje's problem. It was an honest mistake. No vote was possible because it was not understood. But, during play and with my understanding at that time it would have been absurd for me to ask the Serbs to delcare war on my allies the Tartars. Ozzy could have done it though since he seemed to understand the issue better than me.
                "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

I had not met the Tartars so I was unable to do that.
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                  X