This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eager to return

ok , just finished reading the trnascipts to HOTW2 and it has inspired me, i want to play another one like that. I need to get a Civ 2 disk first though. Once i accomplish that i will let you all know and hopefully we can get a 7 player diplo game going again to rival the greatest one of all HOTW2.

had forgotten the excitement and brilliance of that type of game. The out of game postings here in apolyton are really what makes the game the best. civ2 may not have been made to play as a role playing game, but we certainly did that and i loved it.

i belive the stories behind the game especialy the posts by Capo are absolutly brilliant.

Long live HOTW ........
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Down with History of the World, long live History of Mankind!

Comment

ahh the newcomers are rebellious LOL it not a real diplo game till you get to the name calling and "dummy spits"

Comment

dummy spits?

But I could be up for a HOTW4. I think I tried to get you in HOTW3 Raz, but it didn't work out for some reason.

Who knows what happened to Capo though.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I see Prom kicking around down here being nostolgic too. Maybe we could start up HOTW4 with Deity, Frank (if he is interested), you, me, Prom, and then recruit 2 others.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I'm available for a weekend diplo game with you guys.

Comment

Sounds great!

I can do any USA Thurs night, Fri nigt Sat night....
              "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
              *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

I could do Fridays starting at 9:30 EST. Or Saturday evenings. I'd prefer Fridays.

Comment

I'll be... the English. With an detached England.

Should be an interesting position, and hopefully I won't cripple myself by starting on an island.

Comment

Let's leave the Americas free?

If so, I'd like Africa or Australia.
                    "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

well as i said istill need to get hold of a disk yet... seem to have complety lost mine.....

once done will let you know.

not sure which nation i woudl prefer, i wil ltake any i guess

same rules from last one would be good

bbut add one new rule, GET DEITY !!!!!!!

Comment

Africa is yours (part of it at least). I'd like to keep Australlia free as well as the Americas. Damn, I just realized Europe is the only continent that doesnt' start with A. What is with those weirdos?

Raz said in another thread he wanted to start out in the mideast again. He played it very well last time, so go for it. If Frank plays I'd imagine he'd want China. He always wants China, heh.

Probably good to have another civ in Europe, like the Greeks or Russians.

Comment

Sounds great guys! I hope you lift off soon. How about a FAQ update to go with the occasion?

Comment

Let us also consider increasing ship movement by two, closing the panama & suez canals, and having culturally unique units.

Since having increased stats for unique units lead to problems in HOTW3 I propose we just take normal units and give them unique names and pictures.

Comment

I would love to get into another HOTW. However, I am only free on Sundays or Saterdays during the morning/afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                              X