Techs 3 and 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Techs 3 and 6

Ok, maybe not #3 but assuming you're a Monarchy fan. Which tech do you take off the path and why? Assuming you don't get one from a hut. (if you do, what's your recovery path)
    If you're a Republic fan, same question just a little different.

For me, it's either bronze or horse. Either let's you buy up the second rack. Most of the time it will be bronze so I get some defense ready for 3250 b.c. and the raging hoards. You can use horses for defense and exploring, but on small worlds the terrain is too defensive and those barbs may stay on terrain that a horse will not be assured of taking them out. But the main reason I like bronze is it's on the path to trade. But i don't mind horse from a hut or reasearch to help hut gathering and staking out territory on small maps.

Part 2, you just got monarchy, what next. For me it's either currency, (working toward quick trade), Map, (if i'm pinned in my civs or water), writing or warrior (If i'm wealthy and need to buy the third rack to rush more settlers), or myst (if I'm food dominate over trade/prod dominate and am having too much problems with happiness and need to build temples earlier than I normally would. It's usually currency, but the situation in the game influences this pick more than the first pick.

RAH
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

For some "strange" reason... sounds about the same for me. It all depends on what my situation is.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Depends on settings, usualy its horse/map or anything that comes out of a hut.

Comment

sounds right for me too......

its all situaltional , sometimes if i get masonry out of a hut i will beline to math but again....its dependant on what techs come out

you kinda answered all the questions didnt' you
        Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

No, I gave my reasoning.

OK assuming you get no techs from huts..........

Picky picky picky.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

On your maps,Bronze is my 1st tech to go for.

2nd rack.
            Defense.
            It allows me to start 1st wonder in capitol.
            And its one of prerequisites for trade.

Uh...you already said all that.

I'll pick writing right after monarchy.
            My life, my rules

Comment

if my terrain looks flat, i may take horse, especially if i have the trade ...this way i can go looking for huts more quickly......

otherwise i like the bw route for the same reasons SF and Rah have mentioned....

6th tech....food rich is mysticism, otherwise i ususally beeline for trade for trade routes and wonders...

i have been known to go for an early suns in some games so WC can be usefull....

when i am already to infuluenced by outside delicacies (spelling?) just about any tech will do
              Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

I usually take horse first. Then the monarchy techs. After that depends on the game situation.
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I usually go for Horse...
                  "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                  *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Originally posted by SmartFart
                    On your maps,Bronze is my 1st tech to go for.

2nd rack.
                    Defense.
                    It allows me to start 1st wonder in capitol.
                    And its one of prerequisites for trade.

Uh...you already said all that.

I'll pick writing right after monarchy.
                    Your avatar still looks like a steaming pile of tvrd...
                    "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Well, i think we've all pretty much exhausted the reasons for the 3rd tech. (except we still haven't heard from republic types yet)

So I'd love to hear more about the 6th tech choice and why.

RAH
                      If I get an off tech from a hut, my sixth will always be BW.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

If you play hoardes, which we don't anymore, you need early bronze. Otherwise not.
                        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                          If you play hoardes, which we don't anymore, you need early bronze. Otherwise not.
                          You need to play with us more

Seriously, wouldn't you still want it early to go fast trade? Unless MAP is desperately needed what else will help more?

RAH
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I typically go bronze and then currency, though I'll take writing to try to bribe if I'm being swamped with barbs
                            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

I'll take writing over currency if I'm surrounded by barbs.
                              Maybe that way, I can also snag a boat or two without having to take map making.
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X