Bug or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atawa
    If you are allied the AI wont take your special anyway.
    Tougher to get and keep alliances in the MP version 2.42.

The other question is how to keep their settlers from encroaching. It's has always been my belief that if you are at war with a civ, that an AI settler will not build a city if you have an offensive unit next to it. Have people seen an exception to this?

RAH
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yes ... I agree. I remember a game with a re-starting civ where I had an explorer who tracked the new settler preventing it founding a city.

----------------

SG(2)
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

no the ai won't build with a unit next to it.Move 1 square away and wait a turn,and poof,easy capture.
        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

So it would seem to be quite easy to keep a settler from encroaching on your occ city as long as you have a few extra troops.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

So it would seem.Not always the case though.The AI does have some tricks it likes to do.Avoiding war is often the cause of OCC problems and laziness.Even losing 1 unit can be disastrous,like a camel or your non settler
            .Close AI cities are desired for the road and RR connection which can be done quickly.Maybe thats a little too close
            The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Yeah, that's why I have decent OCC launch years but never the record. I like to build that fortress on the mountain blocking the rail network stuffed with bribed non-units. Even if they declare war, they spend their effort splatting against the mountain. They're so darn predictable
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The most anoying thing about AI settlers is they always seem to want to irigate your spice, anyone know a good way to stop them except for bribing?

Comment

The most anoying thing about AI settlers is they always seem to want to irigate your spice, anyone know a good way to stop them except for bribing?
                  Settler bribing is very expensive. The best value (if not playing OCC) is to bribe the city.

------------------

SG(2)
                  "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                  "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

A gun to the head

Aren't they removed also when you demand they withdraw. (as long as there is a military unit near so you're able to demand it without getting the no units message) It's been awhile since I bothered chatting to AI's.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Talking about annoying... What about when you have a nice little continent on your own, and you haven't covered every square within your cities' radii? Poof! A lone AI settler is dropped off and founds a city... Still, I prefer to have to put a unit in such territory than having borders.

Carolus

Comment

A gun to the head solves that one too

Especially if you find it quick enough.

RAH
                        MPers aren't warmongers by nature.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

How 'bout this? Late in a solo game, MGE, with a NONE Engr in a city on grassland. I intended to hit "M" for displaying the map location of the city (in the City popup) but I brushed the escape or enter key, so the "M" command went to the Engr, and it started to mine the city square!
                          Attached Files
                          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

In MGE, we mine city grassland river squares to forest river squares all the time for the extra defense. Or we do it to prework the settler for building instant fortresses later. (for settlers anyway)
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

So, it will let you mine a grassland under the city but not a hill? I know Engr Transformation is allowed. I thought it simply didn't allow any mining at all. I suppose you could found a city on a swamp and mine it into forest as well?
                              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I think the difference comes from what you do to the terrain: even if you use the same command in both case (M), in the first you "build a mine" but the terrain remains a hill, while in the second case you "transform" it to a forest!

So you can't "improve" your terrain under a city (unless you start before building the city), but you can "transform" it.
                                Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                                Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                                POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                                LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

Working...
                                X