Great Northern War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can anybody make this game work?
    My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Me !
      Under MGE 1.3, installed GNW scen folder, started .net file with "load" (don't go to "MP" menu), and everything's OK...
      I even killed the Czar by brashly attacking him near Pskov , but really do not like much those "warciv" scenarios, too much units & combat for my limited time... Sorry !

Comment

Nope, still stealth bombers.

Comment

Atawa,
          Are you sure you've got the right Units.bmp in the GNW scenario folder ? And you"re running MGE 1.3 English ?
          I had strange things with a French version (looked like your problem, I had moving HILLS in Fellowship scen ! )

Comment

Originally posted by PDifolco
            Me !
            Under MGE 1.3, installed GNW scen folder, started .net file with "load" (don't go to "MP" menu), and everything's OK...
            I even killed the Czar by brashly attacking him near Pskov , but really do not like much those "warciv" scenarios, too much units & combat for my limited time... Sorry !
            good job.
            are you saying that you are dropping out?
            it's only 4 turns...

Comment

Andemagne,
              Well, I didn't SAVE the game, actually I was just checking it worked ...
              As for giving up, nope either, but it wasn't my turn... Eventually it looks like only both of us can play the game : what do we do ?

Comment

Me !
                did you get x2x2 game going by doing this?

you can play next if you want, since atawa is unable to play.
                I think that we should not give up yet.

Comment

Atawa,
                  Are you sure you've got the right Units.bmp in the GNW scenario folder ? And you"re running MGE 1.3 English ?
                  I had strange things with a French version (looked like your problem, I had moving HILLS in Fellowship scen ! )
                  I unzipped the file but there was only the .scn, no rules.txt or units.bmp.

This might be it since I play with the MGE 1.3 english version.

If someone could mail/ICQ me those or give me a link I would be glad to try it again, from what I could make out from the game it looks interesting

Andemange: I think its impossible to get a 2x2x game in SP mode.

Comment

The entire scen GNW.zip file was attached by Andemagne IIRC, either in this thread or in the first one about "new Succession game". Sorry I don't have the time to check and don't have the file right here...

Comment

atawa! look at this thread: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=75194 its about x2x2 SP games.

I play same version as you do.
                      and whole GNW scenario is attached to the 9 post of this thread.

Comment

Playing it now, when I unzipped it the first time I only got the .scn file, second time everything

I'll try and post the save tomorrow.

And I have played MP before btw

Comment

wohoo! we got the game going! finally. I was just about to give up. what, is it 3 weeks when I started that other thread?..... way to go atawa! remember to post your story as well.

ok who's playing next? PDifolco?

Comment

Hi,
                            Ok, I'll try do do it, don't be in a hurry though, I have a busy RL ...
                            And don't blame me if I mess it all up, never played MP nor x2x2, and can't tell a Swede from a Norvegian, Dane or Finn !

Comment

Attached is the save, march 1702, next turn we can make a 3-siege artillery attack on Fredrikshald.

After that the lands of the Danes are open to us

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

March 1701

Sold University in Stockholm (wasnt doing much good anyway)
                              Sience to 0%, lux 30%
                              Rushbuild coastal fortress in Visby
                              Units resting in Copenhagen

Tsar Peter dies on the walls of Narva
                              Polish bombard Karlskrona, though on first sight they seem to have a **** army .

June 1701

Visby starts on gold caravan production to send to stockholm.
                              They are on different islands and celebrating.
                              With the extra trade it should bring us more gold then the cost to buy a new one.

Arhus falls at the hands of a siege Arty and a Trabant
                              Danes offer peace, but even a 300 gold bribecant stop our army's.
                              City of Henke is founded
                              NON Cavalry goes on an exploring mission north.
                              Fighting near Narva, we get a vet Cav out of it
                              Riga starts on barracks

Sept 1701

Carl XII takes Tonning, fish is discovered off-shore
                              Man of war is exploring south.
                              Reval starts on baracks.
                              City of Chef founded.
                              Riga builds baracks.

Minor polish atacks.

Dec 1701
                              Karlskrona starts on baracks
                              Siege arty in Riga gets vets status by destroying aproaching Polish field arty.
                              I now understand the stealth bombers, the manowar exploring got killed by a black tile.
                              Falun starts on baracks.
                              Polish Manowar destroyed near Danzig, we get a vet.

Nice scenario , but in 2x2x we might want to try Deity next time
                              Attached Files

Comment

great work atawa!

Originally posted by atawa
                                Attached is the save, march 1702, next turn we can make a 3-siege artillery attack on Fredrikshald.
                                3 siege artilleries aren't that much. try to get vet status to those and we have little more chance.
                                BTW barracks cost only 160 rush build in 1 turn.

since atawa sold our university we just might to sell our libraries as well.

ok. who's playing next?

Comment

Working...
                                X