Things I could have done if I didn't spend all my time playing Civ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things I could have done if I didn't spend all my time playing Civ

I imagine I would have been a lot more successful in my career and have a better marriage for a start

I only turned to Civ for a fresh challenge after maxing my career and my marriage.

------------------
    finbar
    Mono Rules!
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Interesting contrast between AH and f. Seeing marriage has been a common factor I could use it as metaphor: returning to Civ2 is like having a second honeymoon. Knowing how long honeymoons last may give a clue on the extent of the addiction.

Still there are other distractions away from work and marriage. Wasn't it lateral thinking de Bono who said:

Retirement is when you can stop doing the urgent and start doing the important?

[This message has been edited by tonic (edited July 27, 2000).]

Comment

I would have a higher score on my GRE
        The dean says I can't take any more graduate courses till I bring my score up and I only have till December to do it!
        Apolyton Empress
        "Tongue tied and twisted, just and earth bound misfit..."

"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative" --found on a bathroom wall

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by finbar on 07-27-2000 08:13 PM
          I only turned to Civ for a fresh challenge after maxing my career and my marriage.

Yeah um, I'm not touching that one

Comment

oops
            [This message has been edited by SuperSneak (edited July 28, 2000).]
            Life and death is a grave matter;
            all things pass quickly away.
            Each of you must be completely alert;
            never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

I gave up my life's work for this game.
              Anybody want to buy a half finished painting of the Sistine Chapel on a grain of rice?
              Cheap?
              On the plus side, I am currently AVOIDING any possibility of marriage. My girl refers to the computer as "my other girlfriend". Scary thing is, she's right.

------------------
              Bring it!

"Do not act as if you would live ten thousand years. Death hangs over you. While you live, while it is in your power, be good." Marcus Aurelius (Meditations)
              Life and death is a grave matter;
              all things pass quickly away.
              Each of you must be completely alert;
              never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

Sneak, still haven't got those nude photos of your girlfriend you promised me on icq. I'm checking my E-mail every day. What's your girlfriend's E-mail address? Maybe I could get em direct off her?

Comment

I could have finished my thesis "Poverty:Cause,Effect and a Simple Solution"

I'd live somewhere different.My house now is at the end of a road.Perfect chokepoint.

I'd actually talk to my neighbors instead of insisting they withdraw when they park out front.

I'd think about life instead of thinking how to get those catapults into position.
                  The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

I might have gotten off of my arse last saturday and actually bought the lottery tickets i'd sent all week predicting the numbers for...

01 02 07 35 39 44

...So i'd be about £1.2 million better off!!!!! Doh!!!
                    "There are not more than 5 musical notes..." - Sun Tzu
                    ...and we build an Academy for this guy... :confused:

Comment

I had two choices tonight. Go skating int he cold Melbourne night. Or play civ.
                      Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

Yeah? So where are you?

Comment

I only play civ after all the important things are taken care of. If I wasn't "wasting" my time playing Civ, I would probably be doing something else equally as entertaining with my SPARE time
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Nice one Ming!!!! But maybe we should rephrase the question for you, how about:

Things I could have done if I didn't spend all my time moderating Apolyton...

"There are not more than 5 musical notes..." - Sun Tzu
                            ...and we build an Academy for this guy... :confused:

Comment

LOL!

Well, If I wasn't moderating, I would be posting and surfing Apolyton anyway. That's why they asked me to do it in the first place
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X