How many CDs needed for multiplayer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many CDs needed for multiplayer?

Just wondering if 2 people are playing head to head on a LAN, are 2 copies of the MGE needed, or can you start up the game, and just swap the CD to the other machine in start it there?
    I wanted to rub the human face in its' own vomit, to force it to look in the mirror....

I'm not sure, but I think you need 1 CD each, otherwise MGE wouldn't run!!

And of course you can use the "no CD" patch! I don't know where you can find it, but some of the readers around here do, so just ask the question and I'm sure someone can mail it to you...
    Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
    Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
    POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
    LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

1 CD-ROM disc per PC, in the case you play MP (that means you have MGE or UCC). At least one "patch" can be found in CFC's Civ II section. And swapping will work if you disable music and videos. It only needs the disc when starting.
      Last edited by Rasbelin; October 1, 2002, 12:39.
      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

You need not lose the videos - just copy the video directory from the CD to the HDD ...

SG[1]
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

That's one way too, Gits. But I suggested the more easy one.
          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Or you can create your own "Civ2-CD". Any CD will be recognised as being a Civ2 CD as long as there's a directory called Civ2 on it with a file called Civ2.exe in it.
            (You can create your own custom Civ2 music CD's like that)
            Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Do you mean you can change the background music? If so, where on the CD are the sound files?

Edit 1: Hey I just made Warlord
              I only did one thing wrong today ... I got out of bed
              "Damnit, is it possible to spell medievel right?" -SilverDragon

herr_ren@gmx.net

Comment

They're music tracks. Burn a mixed data/music CD, with the first track being the data (the Civ2/Civ2.exe and whatever else you fancy), the other tracks being your favourite music.
                Or the other way around... use a CD "ripper" to convert the tracks to MP3's or some such.

By the way, AFAIK the no-CD crack doesn't work in combination with the MGE no-limits patch.
                Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
                X