Disorder with Shakespeare!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disorder with Shakespeare!

I just had disorder in Shakespeare city!
    Cardiff had Shakespeare theater. It had been built by the celts years before I conquered them. Centuries later, as my tanks pound into Wounded Knee, the Democratic government suddenly collapses. Disorder happens in many cities, including... Cardiff! One red face in Shakespeare city! It was during a revolution, but that is not supposed to happen, is it?
    (playing ToT, deity, if that matters).
    Anyone ever saw that?
    Clash of Civilization team member
    (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
    web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Interesting - you wouldn't happen to have a screen shot of the city screen (in 'Happy' mode) would you?

SG[1]
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Unfortunately, I have no screenshot. I don't even have a save. I never use autosave, and when I realized what happened, I didn't think to save either. I saw"Cardiff", went there, put an Elvis, ended the turn, then realized I had just put an Elvis in Shakespeare city... It's a shame because I never saw that happen before. That may be because I usually build Shakespeare only in OCC and I don't let myself revolt in order to go to war.
      Btw, I never understood how powerful Elvis were in Anarchy periods. They seem to be able to wipe tons of discontent even if there are only one or two of them.
      web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

This has been reported before. I can't remember the circumstances, but it has happened more than once.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I vaguely remember something about odd things happening with happiness due to the different ways unhappiness is resolved... Occasions where moving a unit out of the city would counterintuitively get a city out of a disorder.

I don't remember ever coming across any of this myself though.
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I don't know how to show images, so I attached it.

The picture actually explains it pretty well. If you take away all luxury, and all happiness improvements and wonders except shakespeare's, have a large civ, then you'll see that shake's doesn't take away unhappiness, but move all pops one step towards content:

red -> dark blue
            black -> red
            Attached Files

Comment

Edit: Oh I see Funxus found the answer already *blush*

Don't know if this has something to do with this, but I've noticed in ToT when a city is on the edge of getting unhappy and a unit gets killed in the vicinity of the city suddenly an unhappy citizen appears in the next turn (causing it to go to disorder, because this is hardly recognized).

Maybe Cardiff increased unhappiness due to the riot factor by # of cities in your empire as a whole and then a unit got killed near Cardiff - maybe even before you conquered it but in the same turn - and so next turn an unhappy citizen appeared becaue of loosing this unit.

But even then, it would only be one unhappy citizen which isn't enough to cause disorder
              Last edited by Gelvan; September 14, 2002, 16:15.

Comment

What size was cardiff?
                Did it have anything other than shakespear? Temples, Etc?

What was the LUX rate?

etc.

Very strange...
                -->Visit CGN!
                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

I think the last time it was reported it was when the person also had HG. Did you have it too? We all know the bugs with associated with HG and martial law. This may be just another aspect of it.

Rich
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I had HG. The luxury rate I don't remember. Lux must have been around 20%. The size of the city was quite big for that game, but not that much, maybe 18 or 19. I can't remember...

Comment

Go to the saved game, If you have it and go into cheat and destroy the city with HG and see if you still have the disorder problem.

Rich
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                      X