Help on sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on sound

Hi, guys, it's been a while since I last visited.

I was wondering: I really like some of the Civ2 sounds and would like to import them to civ3. Problem is as you know they're on a compressed file and I can't extract them(assuming I'm correct and they are in the data.z file in fw cd-rom).

I'm talking about Funeral March, Alien Invasion, Apocolypse, Fantasy, Mars, World of Jules Verne, Xcom. Can I extract them some way or find them available for dload?

Also, do you know where could I find good Xcom-like songs? Like the one from the Xcom scenario?

Thanks for your time.

Well, I don't own a FW CD-ROM, so I don't know how FW CD-ROM compress the file. But you can install Civ2-FW and the take the sounds uncompresed.

You can not download it, because those scen are copyrigthed and can not be download (as far as I know).
    Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

I can't do that. The goal is to include them in a scenario I want to make. Simply installing will not install the files(the reason they require the CD-rom) and transfering it to my HD won't do any good, since I can't extract.

I've noticed that the same sounds are on the ToT cd, so if you have that you can check. I think they retained the compression method. Copyrighting is not a real problem.

I can keep it for myself or ask the dloaders to have a copy of the said games.

Anyone knowing any place I can find freeware xcom-like songs? No matter the form. I can always convert.

Comment

These "sounds" you're mentioning are simply music tracks on the CD. You can transform them into wave files using your favourite CD-ripper/MP3 player/Sound editor.
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
        X