Fantastic World Hiccups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic World Hiccups

Just wondering, does anyone know how to fix a FW hiccup when you edit certian advances, units, the reopen files, etc and find that the names have been moved down one.

Example: Titles for despotism change to "Oil Livia" for the despotism title, etc.

And the Settler is called CURE FOR CANCER and every other unit is moved down, thus engineers are known as SETTLERS and warriors as ENGINEERS.
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

IIRC, it does that if you're editing a rules.txt file created with either the original or Conflicts.

If you have the original rules.txt file the scenario came with, copy the last few lines of the Advances and Units sections in the FW Rules.txt over.
    oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Okay, thank you, I will try that.

The bugs in FW have caused me (in the past) to spend 5 hours just renaming the units, cities, etc.

I spent FOREVER on my Civil War scenario (found at my website) and abandoned work on the others because I couldn't edit

Hopefully this will work- thank you -
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Hmm.. That doesn't prevent the problem. It allows me to fix it quicker, but the game still has the problem

I also have a problem that one of my scenarios refuses to reference my cities files
        -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Don't use the FW editors!
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Then how do I edit the game's unit pictures!
            I can edit pretty much everything but the icons in the rules.txt, but not the unit pictures.

And something strange happens... I can't revert to earlier saved versions because everything in the folder refers to the NEWEST scenario even if things were made with OLDER scenarios ?
            -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Working...
            X