Songs they should have put into Civ 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Songs they should have put into Civ 2

I know, there are several other music threads, but this one's different. What songs would be appropriate for different events in Civ2? Examples:

End of We Love the xxxx Day: You've lost that lovin' feeling (Righteous Brothers)

Sneak attack: Backstabbers (The O'Jays)

Build a caravan: Caravan (Utopia)

Spy bribe: Money (The O'Jays)

You get the idea, I hope...

(Edited to put titles in italics. I know a good idea when I steal it!)
    [This message has been edited by DaveV (edited May 31, 2000).]

For turns in anarchy: I Fought the Law - The Clash

When the AI moves units in your territory during a cease-fire: Suspicious Minds - Elvis

When being the only player without an alliance in a seven player MP game: Paranoid - Black Sabbath

When finding out that your only feasible starting position is nothing but desert: Main theme to Lawrence of Arabia

Carolus

Comment

This topic has serious range...

Using the GoTo command: My Aim is True Elvis Costello

Vet Spy infiltration: Evil Woman???

After you lose a city: Exodus Bob Marley

Barbarian Invasion! Immigrant SongLed Zepplin

Sing along, now!
      Be the bid!

Comment

When you lose a tireme full of units because you forgot that tiremes can be lost at sea the game should play Momentary Lapse of Reason --Pink Floyd.
        Apolyton Empress
        "Tongue tied and twisted, just and earth bound misfit..."

"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative" --found on a bathroom wall

Comment

When you lose a city: Boys Don't Cry - The Cure (sorry Empress! )

When turning a worker into a taxman: Taxman - The Beatles

When a city is bribed: Civil War - Guns and Roses

When putting units to sleep: The Lullaby - The Cure

When you've searched for that last enemy city for 50 turns without success: I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - U2

MP bug not mentioned yet at these forums: When the English are in anarchy every other civ in the game get to hear Anarchy in the UK - The Sex Pistols (strange, huh?)

And a special one: When all addictive civers are turning on their computers at work/school/wherever they are after a night of serious civin' All You Zombies with the Hooters mysteriously plays...

Carolus

[This message has been edited by Carolus Rex (edited May 31, 2000).]

Comment

Sten Sture - Evil Woman was by Electric Light Orchestra, I believe.

Empress - how about Pink Floyd's Learning to Fly when you build your first air unit?

Comment

Another one when using the GoTo command: The Long and Winding Road - The Beatles

Whenever you micromanage: Everything Counts - Depeche Mode

When building the Great Wall: Wonderwall - Oasis

Carolus

Comment

We could probably do an entire thread on the GoTo command:

No Particular Place to Go - Chuck Berry.
                Be the bid!

Comment

Upon establishing various American cities:

New York - New York, New York - Frank Sinatra

Boston - Please Come to Boston - Dave Loggins

Philadelphia - Philadelphia Freedom - Elton John

Chicago - My Kind of Town (Chicago is) - Frank Sinatra

San Francisco - I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Tony Bennett

St. Louis - St. Louis Blues - ????

Cincinnati - The Cockroach That Ate Cincinnati - Dr. Demento?

Los Angeles - City of the Angels - Journey

Las Vegas - Lost Wages - Steely Dan

Edit: corrections
                  [This message has been edited by DaveV (edited May 31, 2000).]

Comment

When a Spy fails to steal a tech: Been Caught Stealing - Jane's addiction

When a city celebrates WLT_D: Can You Feel The Love Tonight - Elton John

When a city ends the celebration: Why Can't This Be Love? - Van Halen

When you build a new city: We Built This City - Starship

When a plane crashes: Broken Wings - Mister Mister

When your spaceship launches: Rocketman - Elton John

When a performing a paradrop: Jump - Van Halen

When starting a bloodlust game: Everybody Wants to Rule the World - Tears for Fears

When you build city walls: Another Brick in the Wall - Pink Floyd

When your mom tells you to shut off that d*mned game: Parents Just Don't Understand - DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince
                    [This message has been edited by Sieve Too (edited May 31, 2000).]

Comment

ACK! I just lost a post...

For the closing credits: The End by the doors.

When a spy tears down city walls: When the Walls (come tumblin' down) by John Mellancamp or the Call's The Walls Came Down.

Another Cure idea: Killing an Arab when you destroy a caravan. Though it would probably make Robert Smith sad...

I had a couple more, that I can't remember just now...
                      Be the bid!

Comment

Or when someone contacts you with the diplomacy screen, you could reply with a few lines from Floyd's What do you want from me hehe
                        Apolyton Empress
                        "Tongue tied and twisted, just and earth bound misfit..."

"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative" --found on a bathroom wall

Comment

Nah for San francisco it should be
                          If your going to san francisco be sure to wear some flowers - some hippie who i cant remember
                          also when an air unit crashes, wish i could fly by roxette

------------------
                          Cockney used to be schizophereic but we'er ok now
                          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

"If you're going to San Francisco, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair", or something like that.

I think it's Scott McKenzie?

Carolus

Comment

Yeah that sounds about right, I do appologize I am only 16 and my musical knowledge only go's back to about the time Madonna's en vogue was realeased
                              [This message has been edited by C0ckney (edited June 05, 2000).]
                              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Working...
                              X