Recommend civ2 scenarios!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend civ2 scenarios!

What is the best civ2 scenario you have played? Only suggest them to me if they are very good.
    Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

By 'good' I do not mean historical correct, but well made.

BTW: I've played Harlans Lord of the R. scenario, that was a good one.
    Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

Comment

What era do you prefer?

If you are just looking for any old scenario that is good, browse the Hosted Site - Scenario League. The scenarios are ordered by era, and most have well written reviews.
      The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
      intelligence to few.

Comment

By far and away the "best" scenario I've ever played is Captain Nemo's "Red Front" about WW2 Russian Front played from Russian perspective.

Historically accurate (extremely) with summer/winter terrain, movement rates and combat values. Unbelievably huge scenario that is extremely challenging to play through and win.

Michael

Comment

Well, there're very goods scen. As I post in a thread weeks ago, some of my favourites scen are:

- Jesus Balsnide (http://spanish.apolyton.net), 'Of Celts and Iberian', 'Visigoths', 'Spanish Pride'
          - Harlan's Lord of the rings and Vikings
          - Stefan Härtel scens about Persia (Darius the Great for example)
          - Michael Jeszenka's 'Seven Years War',
          - Bernd Brosing's 'Cross and Cresent'
          - Jesús Muñoz Fernández's 'Carolus the Great'
          - Jhon Ellis' 'Colonies'

And many others

Edited: A typo error.
          Last edited by yaroslav; August 12, 2002, 17:56.
          Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

You may want to ask this question in the Scenario League forum. We could use some fresh posts.
            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Check out for other threads like this. There are many.
              My favorites are:
              Kull's Seeds of greatness (start with one city -2 for Minoans- from the stone age to Alexander time, whole new tech tree, units, events).
              Techumseh's Prince of Darkness (fantasy, hard and fun quest).
              Clash of Civilization team member
              (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
              web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Good ones:
                Moscow:The third Rome
                Imperium Romana (BeBro)
                Harlan's Mongols
                Yugoslavia:Suicide of a European nation

Comment

Check out both of Favoured Flight's LOTR scenarios.

And Jesus Balsinde's Eldorado scenario. All of these are at least partly quest-type scenarios.
                  Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Thank you all for your suggestions and links! When I get the time I will start playing the scenarios you listed.

Somebody asked which era I prefer: I like both fantasy scenarios and historical scenarios, the era is not very important. The important thing is that it is entertaining and looks/plays good.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
                      Check out both of Favoured Flight's LOTR scenarios.

And Jesus Balsinde's Eldorado scenario. All of these are at least partly quest-type scenarios.
                      Thanks Mercator!
                      I'd really like to post both of my LOTR scenarios here at Apolyton but don't know who to send them to.
                      (I seem to recall sending 'Moria' here back in April but I guess it must have got lost in the system... )
                      Favoured Flight

Comment

Talk to St. Leo-- he's running SL now.
                        oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Antlerkov
                          Talk to St. Leo-- he's running SL now.
                          Thanks!
                          What's SL?
                          Could you give me a link to that?
                          Favoured Flight

Comment

SL=Scenario League, here at Apolyton. http://sleague.apolyton.net/
                            Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by FavouredFlight
                              Thanks Mercator!

I'd really like to post both of my LOTR scenarios here at Apolyton but don't know who to send them to.
                              (I seem to recall sending 'Moria' here back in April but I guess it must have got lost in the system... )
                              You could try again, since they recently renewed the database system, named the Apolyton Directory ( http://apolyton.net/dir/index.php?cat=4&t=sub_pages, click "Add Link" )... [***]

EDIT: "sid" part removed from link to prevent any more unwanted submission under my name...
                              Last sentence censored out (I wouldn't want to anger Dan, now would I)
                              Last edited by Mercator; August 16, 2002, 11:54.
                              Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
                              X