Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sid Meier Owes Me... (a running tally of Sids dept)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sid Meier Owes Me... (a running tally of Sids dept)

Go ahead and make your Sid Meier owes me thread, then record it here so we can keep a running tally.

Lancer - 2 triremes
    finbar- 1 life
    Silver Dragon- Republic
    Smash- Construction
    CD- Invention x3, 5 nukes, he might just be willing to give these to ya (BooM), Unfinished games do to faults is disqualified do to the many more finished ones cuz they did give such a complete game.

Here is the complaint proceedure relating to disquaifications:
    In order to send me a complaint, create a folder and in it write anything you want to complain about. Then, click on the file and select, 'send to recycle bin'. Then, click on the recycle bin and select 'empty recycle bin'.

I'm interested to hear your comments, thank you.
    [This message has been edited by Lancer (edited May 28, 2000).]
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Ummm...

Invention (x3)
    Five Nukes
    and My Many Numerous Games That Were Unfinished Because Of Civilization Faults.
    Das Wasser soll dein Spiegel sein
    Erst wenn es glatt ist, wirst du sehen
    Wieviel Märchen dir noch bleibt
    und um Erlösung wirst du flehen.

The water shall be your mirror
    Only when it's smooth you will see
    How much fairy-tale is left for you
    And you will beg for deliverance.

'Alter Mann', RAMMSTEIN.

Comment

...the £30 I spent on ToT. If he`d never invented the whole concept of Civ, I`d never have spent my money on that pile of ****e.
      "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Smash-construction
        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

I forgot: Sid Meier owes me a Destroyer. I sailed my Destroyer through the Northern Caribbean and lost it. Strangly enough, the Northern Caribbean is the Bermuda Triangle. The city wasn't invaded, no enemy ships around to sink my Destroyer...just dissappeared...
          Das Wasser soll dein Spiegel sein
          Erst wenn es glatt ist, wirst du sehen
          Wieviel Märchen dir noch bleibt
          und um Erlösung wirst du flehen.

The water shall be your mirror
          Only when it's smooth you will see
          How much fairy-tale is left for you
          And you will beg for deliverance.

'Alter Mann', RAMMSTEIN.

Comment

Ive heard of the sinking trireme syndrome, (It appears that Lancer was a victim) But the sinking destroyer syndrome is new to me.

Comment

By the way, Comrade Dan, what happened to the 5 nukes? What about Invention x3? Why does he owe you those?

Comment

Sid owes me an apology for handing the Civ rights to Activision, without that CTP would be a better game under Sid.

Comment

Five months outta my life!
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

My copy of SMAC has crashed a couple of times when I tried to start the game.

So Sid owes my about 10 Colony Pods.

------------------
                    "Now Lone Star, you will see that Evil will always triumph, because Good is Dumb!"
                    -- Dark Helmet
                    The breakfast of champions is the opposition.

"A japaneze warrior once destroyed one of my modern armours.i nuked the warrior" -- philippe666

Comment

Sid owes us?
                      We own Sid some gratitude for giving us the best digital experience on the planet!!

------------------
                      Ceterum censeo Romanem esse delendam.
                      Hasdrubal's Home.
                      Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.

Comment

Lancer, it's spelt debt . And no it wasn't worth, dragging me all the way from OT.

Hey I just realized this is my first on-topic post after three months at Apolyton.

Comment

Sid Meier owes me a spaceship.

Comment

Lets see, Sid owes me.....

He owes me....

What does Sid owe me? Or any of us?

Civ II (and SMAC) is a complex, in-depth game that, after 4 years is still going stronger than ever. OK it's not pefect. But what other game can even come close to the sheer number of new units, scenarios and modpacks that are being created for this game? Very few (and even those games that do come close to CivII also have flaws). Not to mention the exposure to history that many people are getting through the game...

Sid owes us?!

We owe him thanks for the many, many hours (and sleepless nights) of sheer gaming fun.

------------------
                            Go tell the Spartans, passerby:
                            That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.

Comment

Sids owes me a chunk of my life, wasted on Railroad Tycoon, Civ, Civ 2, SMAC/SMACX.

Granted, I probably would have partaked in other meaningless activities, but still
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X