Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MapEdit 2.0 released

Plenty of new features...

Find all the information plus downloads at the MapEdit Mini Site...

Users of MapEdit 1.00 will need to uninstall that first (sorry ).

Fire away!
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Looks like a good piece of work, Mercator. Although I regret probably not having a use for it myself...

SG[1]
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Re: MapEdit 2.0 released

Originally posted by Mercator
      Plenty of new features...

Find all the information plus downloads at the MapEdit Mini Site...

Users of MapEdit 1.00 will need to uninstall that first (sorry ).

Fire away!
      YAHOO!!! Thank you SO much Mercator!! On my way over to download right now. Exciting news in the world of Civ II!! HURRAH!

I'll let you know what I think after having a chance to play around with it.

Arktiem

Comment

Thanks arktiem! I was beginning to think I had wasted the last two to three weeks of my life on something people don't really give a **** about after all...
        I was under the impression people loved it (at least that's what they told me), but so far the site only has 10 hits (+ 3 times me). Or is everyone on holiday or something?

And thank you too SG[1], to be quite honest I don't really use MapEdit all that much either. Mostly just for quickly previewing downloaded maps or opening them up in the Civ2 Map Editor (which is automated so I don't have to browse to the directory every time).
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Make that 11 hits - I've downloaded! I've put it (v1) to some use, maybe that'll continue...
          The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
          intelligence to few.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
            Thanks arktiem! I was beginning to think I had wasted the last two to three weeks of my life on something people don't really give a **** about after all...
            I was under the impression people loved it (at least that's what they told me), but so far the site only has 10 hits (+ 3 times me). Or is everyone on holiday or something?

And thank you too SG[1], to be quite honest I don't really use MapEdit all that much either. Mostly just for quickly previewing downloaded maps or opening them up in the Civ2 Map Editor (which is automated so I don't have to browse to the directory every time).
            You betcha!! I am one of those who most certainly does give a **** about your efforts! MapEdit has always been one of my most used Civ II tools. Once again, allow me to say thank you very much!!

Arktiem

Comment

Comment

looks pretty good...
                I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

...downloading it now...
                  'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                  - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

I can't seem to get it to work on my computer Mercator (but then again, I can't usually get anything to work on Windows XP ).

It installs properly, but when I run the program, it tells me that it needs the file MSSTDFMT.DLL to work. I downloaded the vbrun60sp5 files and unzipped them, but this didn't solve the problem either.
                    STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Bloody bugger! That file isn't part of the vb runtime package. I was thinking and hoping that file wasn't required. I even made sure it wasn't included, but apparently it's needed after all.

Where can I send it (it's a 116kB file)? I'll send it to you and I'll also update the mapedit download on the website to include it.

Comment

Wait a minute, I'll just attach it here...

To install, follow these two steps:
                        1. Unzip the file into your windows system directory
                        2. Open the Run... item on the Start menu and type in:
                        regsvr32 msstdfmt.dll

This will register the new DLL.

That's it.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Mercator, it's working perfectly now. Fantastic job btw!
                          STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X