MGE Converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGE Converter

How do you use it? I've moved it to its own folder inside the Civ2 folder, and have dropped some MGE scenarios into it. I then move them to their old folders, but it won't let me play since I have Fantastic Worlds. How do you use it? Or is that really the right way, and I'm using ToT scenarios unwittingly? I'd patch to MGE but it seems like a lot of work and I have a slow connection.
    Also, can you convert the new Age of Piracy game and play it? It looks really fun.
    Signed,
    Bigcash, aka the Man who can't beat Civ2 unless he's playing chieftain OR the man who was really disappointed by Civ3's lack of scenarios.

Don't move the SCN files before dropping them onto the converter (or move the labels.txt along with it).

That's only thing I can think of right now. It says it updates both the scenario file and the labels.txt... So if you move the scenario file to the MGE folder, it won't be able to find the scenario's labels.txt (if any) and the update won't be complete.

What errors do you get when trying to open the supposedly updated scenarios with Civ2?
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Failed to load game: file has more recent version number than game.
      I don't understand what you're saying. Take both the labels and the scenario, then drop them in?
      Signed,
      Bigcash, aka the Man who can't beat Civ2 unless he's playing chieftain OR the man who was really disappointed by Civ3's lack of scenarios.

Comment

No, only drop the scenario file, but make sure the scenario and labels file are both in the same directory when you do the drop.

But by the looks of it, that's not the problem (in that case, the scenario would load, but Civ2 would crash I think)... Which scenario are you trying to convert? And in which directories are the scenario and converter... Maybe I can reproduce the problem (or successfully convert it, which would solve the problem, at least for this scenario).
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Mercator, have only just noticed your 'location' -- when did you become one of Warforevers countyrmen??

SG[1]
          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

The mge converter is in C:\MPS\Civ2\mgeconvert
            The Yom Kippur scn I was converting was in C:\MPS\Civ2\Dayoftreason
            Signed,

Comment

What exactly do you do? I think I see the problem... You drop the scenario files onto the mgeconvert folder icon, and then move them back???
              If that is what you do, you do nothing else than simply move the file from one place to another and back.
              You have to drop them on the icon of the program itself (inside the mgeconvert folder)!
              If you do that, the scenario will remain in the same place and you don't have to do any moving... It will be quite easy to see if the program made any changes, the scenario filename will change to uppercase.

Mercator, have only just noticed your 'location' -- when did you become one of Warforevers countyrmen??

Aha! The bottom part of my signature will tell you all about it.

Comment

at Mercator (and friends)

SG[1]
                "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Working...
                X