No announcement yet.

The Mad 2.42 Succession Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We aren't playing bloodlust, but we should try to. We may not be able to conquer all, but that doesn't mean we have to give up on Earth (or whatever our planet is called). If nothing else, we can save it as a scenario and restart the turn counter.

SG[1], it's not so bad. Your exile will only be a little over 400 years.
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Mercatia comes to power after her bumbling predecessor (just kidding SG1 ).

Silkyfish build caravan and continues to train camels.
      Sarzana builds caravan and starts working on a library.
      Mercatia completes a harbor and starts working on an ironclad.

Trading with the vikings has been very lucrative as we netted nearly 500g.

We discover Economics and immediatly start researching metallurgy. (Mercatia wonders why we are at war with the owners of the Great Wall And decides that making it obsolete is worth it.)

1460-1480...lots of caravans built and unit shuffling.

1500 We discover Metallurgy and put the scrollheads to work on Democracy.
      Demanded 25g from Emp Ham that old jerk!
      Only 75g from our so called friends the celts. That after giving them Railroad and Republic. GRRRR!!!

1510....more unit shuffling oh and panamahatt is in danger of barbaran take over. OOPS!

1520 Barbarians were held off for this turn near PanamaHatt.

1530 The two-faced Vikings just attacked without warning. Lost caravan.
      Celts are still at war with the Vikings and Spanish so we were able to extort 75g from them.
      Start building Adam Smiths in SH.
      Discovered Democracy now researching conscription.

1540 Scouts report PanamaHatt was leveled by Barbarians. Sniff Sniff!
      SH completed Adam Smiths and begins building cannon.

1560We learned conscription and start researching espionage.
      Then Mercatia apologizes for over playing her turn and saves and hands over reigns to her successor.
      Attached Files

Comment

• EEK!!!I forgot to revolt in 1540 for Democracy...so 1580 please???

P.S. I still don't have a clue what Im doing but I'm having fun!

Comment

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Don't go Demo - we don't have the infrastructure - just about every city will go pear shaped and we will be plunged into Anarchy...
          A celebrating Communist regime can turn out every bit as much science and gold as a Democracy with a great deal more security.

SG[1]
          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

• Originally posted by Mercatia
            P.S. I still don't have a clue what Im doing but I'm having fun!
            It's the only thing that matters
            Don't listen too much to the old farts

I will play tomorrow evening unless the politburo sacks me because of the fear that I might turn the empire into a democracy
            Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

• Mercatia, looks like a good game - I suspect that you do know what you're doing, though perhaps the unhappiness of Deity is new to you.
              You have chosen to build Libraries, my choice of laundrette would have been Marketplace first - if this leads to celebration the gain in Science is almost the same as getting a Library and it increases the cash flow as well, but if we miss celebration the Science gain is not as good as Library - so it is a fair judgement call.
              Pity you lost PanamaHatt - it will need rebuilding or the Grand StrayBowian Experiment will fail - but these things happen.
              As a learning experiment - go back to your auto2.sav and revolt to Demo - and watch the world fall apart - it will not be a pretty sight.
              Glad you are still enjoying the game - that's why we all play it ...

SG[1]

Comment

• Originally posted by Scouse Gits
                NOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SG[1]
                Ok don't have a stroke now i said I didn't know what I was doing.

Comment

• Julius, our treasury of 1400g won't quite stretch to 23 Temples so I feel fairly safe. However, my more paranoid colleagues ...
                  "... old farts ..." indeed {The PolitBuro discussing this young upstart}

Comment

• Originally posted by Mercatia

Ok don't have a stroke now i said I didn't know what I was doing.

ROTFLMAO @ Mercatia

OK OK I give in ... SG[1]

Comment

• Rebuild Panama Hatt on the hill. Takes care of the vulnerability the problem.
                      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Panama Hatt The first city I founded Did the gigantic brass statue of yours truly make it out in time?

Originally posted by Straybow
                        Rebuild Panama Hatt on the hill. Takes care of the vulnerability the problem.
                        Only if we mine the hill first

(edit)
                        1) SG[1]
                        2) Mercatia
                        3) Julius Brenzaida
                        4) Messer Nicolo
                        5) STYOM
                        6) StrayBow
                        7) LaFayette
                        8) SG(2)
                        "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                        "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

• Comrade Mercatia's request for Democracy is interesting but I believe she should undergo some political retraining at the Sticky Mouse Institute to make her see the error of her thinking.

The advantages of Democracy are:
                          1) Corruption free government - we have it.
                          2) No increased unhappiness caused by many cities - we have it.
                          3) An extra trade icon for every square yielding trade - we have this in cities, which are celebrating.
                          4) Increased growth in population when cities celebrate (providing there is a food surplus/aqueducts/sewers) - we don't have this but we have grown our capital to a suitable size to benefit from the wonders there.
                          5) Units/cities immune to bribery - this hardly applies playing against the AI.

The disadvantages of Democracy are:
                          1) Every offensive unit outside a city or city fort within three tiles of the city causes a double unhappy face. We have plenty of these. Remember this also applies to all ships unless they are Galleons or Transports.
                          2) A city in revolt for two turns brings down the government.
                          3) Every unit (excluding caravans/diplomats) cost one shield support.

In our game the centre of the empire is basically an ICS approach around the Straybow Canal - so the benefits from expansion are limited. Food is not plentiful in many towns and any surplus would disappear after even modest growth. The fact that shield support comes into the reckoning means that food production becomes compromised by the need to keep up production.

This game is perfect for celebrating Communism. (Victory by spaceship should be easy after a little tweaking ) The libraries started in some cities should become MarketPlaces to facilitate celebration. In the early stages of the game a library makes a big difference to research progress - but in the mid Sixteenth Century AD a library in a city producing 8 beakers only makes the total 12 - we currently need over 1400 beakers for the next discovery! The way ahead is caravans - and a hint to my Swiss comrade freight - hum Corporation!

After we have finished this game we could try another succession this time using Republican/Democratic governments. Provided everyone agrees to stick to the objectives the game play from 4000BC is different in many respects.

--------------------------

SG(2)

Comment

Comrade Mercatia's request for Democracy is interesting but I believe she should undergo some political retraining at the Sticky Mouse Institute to make her see the error of her thinking.

SG(2)
                            Oh NO!!! Will there be homework?? Im to busy playing CivII to do homework!

Thanks for all your advice SG I did go back and try from Auto and your right the whole dang empire went to the dogs. What was I thinking

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Don't go Demo - we don't have the infrastructure - just about every city will go pear shaped and we will be plunged into Anarchy...

SG[1]
                              ... what's wrong with anarchy?
                              googol... this is a number!
                              "Silence Ming. I will let you know when I feel you are needed." - HappySunShine
                              "Classic Eyes...But in reality, it works the other way around." - Ming

Comment

5) Units/cities immune to bribery - this hardly applies playing against the AI.

SG(2)
                                I need an explaination (since my English is not good as yours ).
                                This means that the AI will not use bribery often or that AI cheats and uses it even if the units/cities are immune?
                                googol... this is a number!
                                "Silence Ming. I will let you know when I feel you are needed." - HappySunShine
                                "Classic Eyes...But in reality, it works the other way around." - Ming

Comment

Working...
                                X