Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attachment questions

I have three questions about attachments:

1. Does the attached file actually get put on the Apolyton site, or is there a link back to the poster's computer. (My PC is behind a firewall that wouldn't let anyone through, if it's a link back.)

2. Can you put more than one attachment in a post?

3. What am I doing wrong? I click on the "Browse" button, locate the file on my PC (it's a ".sav" file), and click on "Open". However I don't see the attachment in my post preview.

Thanks for any help.

AFAIK
    1) yes the attachment is transfered to Apolyton
    2) If you can - I don't know how - other than zipping several files together
    3) Don't know - don't use preview much

SG[1]
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

1) Yes.
      2) No. Unless you zip them together.
      3) SAV files are not recognised by the server. Only files of type described next to the attach box can be attatched.
      Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
      Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Valid file extensions: gif jpg png txt zip bmp jpeg slc net sav scn hot rar wav doc rtf

It seems that the server does SAY it recognises SAVs, however I've never had it work.
        Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
        Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Eh - herewith my sav from the Hellenistic Age succession game
          Attached Files

Comment

The post preview doesn't show the attachment. If you post the message it will show up just fine.

(edit, and another edit)

However, if you previewed your post, the file locator will reset and you will have to attach it again.
            Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Thanks

Thanks, all. It worked.

I had tried to attach a file yesterday but it seemed like nothing happened. So I went into preview to see if it was there, and it wasn't.

With your explanations, I tried again today and it seems to have worked fine.

Comment

I haven't tested this exhaustively. However, this morning when replying in the 'Invasion Planet Earth' thread, I entered my text, attached the zip and previewed the post. After previewing, when I hit 'submit reply', the attachment was no longer there. I had to send a second message with the .zip (not previewed).

Take that as you will...

STYOM
                "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

some others have had that problem.Also at CivFanatics...who knows for sure?..that may be it though.

The reason you don't see your attachment in preview is, at that point,the file hasn't been uploaded yet.
                  The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Originally posted by Smash
                    some others have had that problem.Also at CivFanatics...who knows for sure?..that may be it though.

The reason you don't see your attachment in preview is, at that point,the file hasn't been uploaded yet.
                    Smash, smashed!

The SGs well pissed

Comment

Working...
                    X