Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by godinex
    $10... In the Head of Homer Simpson
    If my dinosaur's grasp of modern idiom is accurate - you are doubting this.
    Go to our very own Apolyton shop there Civ II is available for $9.99 and 'Polly gets a cut out of that!
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Gits
      Go to our very own Apolyton shop there Civ II is available for $9.99 and 'Polly gets a cut out of that!
      Thanks for being the "company guy". I should have mentioned that.

Here is a link:

But the $9.99 price is only for the basic Civ II game. Not the later MP edition.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I wasn't trying to change anyone's mind about anything. I'm not bothered by people thinking what they want.

Comment

I've seen MGE for 5.99 a month ago or so.
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Oh, right, the multi-billion dollar corporations that put out these games can't afford to give back to the public every once in a while.
            This message board is one way that they are giving back. What do you think it takes to create, host, maintain and upgrade one of these boards? Do you think that mysql and php is like using notepad? You can make a very simple site but behind just clicking on reply there is much more involved.

Freedom of Speech doesn't exist on this site. It is a privately owned site, and for you to stay a member of this community, you will follow the wishes of the owners, or lose the right to be a member.
            I could not say this any better. I am an admin and have to deal with the same issues. You do not have free speech in a forum such as this because the site is owned by a company and used for the customers purpose and theirs. You have an agreement when you join such a forum. When you click agree you are agreeing on their terms. When you post something against there terms dont expect the message to stay around. If you get mad about it well just read the statement that you clicked I AGREE to.
            there's no reason to pay for anything if there's even the smallest possible chance that you can get it for free
            Paying for the game instead of downloading it for free keeps boards like this alive. It gives many people like myself in the gamming industry a job so we can support our families. I got the game for 8.99 brand new. To me that is a deal seeing that I paid over 20.00 for all three Medal of Honor. For what I paid for this game I cannot complain at all. I would have paid more for it if I had to. (I am glad that I did not have to!)

And do you really think that closing one thread on one message board is going to stop anybody?
            Yes, it does because you will either stop doing it, get banned or just go away.

Good times to Sid Meier and all associated with Civilization. You have created and maintained a Great game!
            Last edited by Unix; April 2, 2002, 15:57.
            Support My ride in the fight to beat MS
            here

Comment

Originally posted by Unix
              This message board is one way that they are giving back.
              Uhhhhh... Not really.
              This site is not affiliated with Firaxis. It is owned and operated by a couple of Civ Fans and is just a hobby.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

Uhhhhh... Not really.
                This site is not affiliated with Firaxis. It is owned and operated by a couple of Civ Fans and is just a hobby.
                hello! I think you mean addiction , not hobby..

as for ripping off games..... i do it all the time....i had a small hd at the time so if i didn't like the game i just erased it....95% of the time...i have a small genre of titles that i will waste my time on....

now that i have a larger hd.....i still rip off games.....but the ones i must have ie civ2 MGE i buy.....but then again i bought ctp,tot, smac and a host of others.....which all sucked ..except SMAC and i felt burned...

i dl civ3...it too sucked.....and i erased it.....dl games should be allowed to see whether or not the game is good.....its too bad you can't dl a version that will expire after say......15 loads....thus forcing you to buy...yeah yeah i know...utopian world...

but until the game manufactuers put out an honest product....i say, test away.....and if you like it, use the honor system and pay away....this won't prevent anything..but it will save the average poor gamer alot of dough....reviews in mags are a sham anyways...and your buddy telling you , you will like the game isn't always reliable either

however, when companies don't release an mp version just to make more buck....not once..but twice...that ticks me off
                Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

This site is not affiliated with Firaxis. It is owned and operated by a couple of Civ Fans and is just a hobby
                  Dang, and I thought I was a serious gamer! how kewl
                  Support My ride in the fight to beat MS
                  here

Comment

war4ever - I agree... I bought Civ2 MGE when it came out, additionally to Civ2, CiC and FW....

and I'm not going to buy Civ3 again once there should be any sort of MP version in sale

Comment

Working...
                    X