reply to my first thread that got closed for no good reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reply to my first thread that got closed for no good reason

Oh, right, the multi-billion dollar corporations that put out these games can't afford to give back to the public every once in a while.
    And by the way, if you've ever been to any other net forum that's ever existed, you'd know that the site hosting a forum doesn't have to support the content in the forum; it just needs a disclaimer saying that it doesn't. Suppression of freed speech should be a last resort, not the first. Oh yeah, also, there's no reaon to pay for anything if there's even the smallest possible chance that you can get it for free. And do you really think that closing one thread on one message board is going to stop anybody?
    Last edited by stupid person; March 15, 2002, 19:09.

No... it's not going to stop anything. If people want to break the law and be a thief, there is nothing we can do to stop it.

But that doesn't mean we condone it... or will allow this site to be used as a distribution point for such links.

And no... Freedom of Speach doesn't exist on this site. It is a privately owned site, and for you to stay a member of this community, you will follow the wishes of the owners, or lose the right to be a member.

If you want to break the law... go ahead. But we aren't going to make it easy for you.

It's that simple... Have a nice day...
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

stupid person - welcome to Apolyton - this is a great site with many helpful people.

Do not cross the Moderators if you wish to stay here!

You are unlikely to see a third "Case Closed".

Comment

Re: reply to my first thread that got closed for no good reason

Originally posted by stupid person
        Oh yeah, also, there's no reaon to pay for anything if there's even the smallest possible chance that you can get it for free.
        So no-one should pay anymore for anything...because there is always the possibility of stealling it from someone else...wait until you're the one they "freely get it from"

Shade
        ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
        "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
        shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

blah blah blah stupid person blah blah

1. i've seen civ2 original version for $10 before at walmart and today (again) at compusa. is $10 too steep a price?

2. don't like the forum rules? tough ****, you don't have to post here you know
          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
            But that doesn't mean we condone it... or will allow this site to be used as a distribution point for such links.
            Then why do you condone the omnipresence of (links to) Cedric Greene's equally illegal MGE patch!
            Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

maybe because the ppl looking for it already have 2 or 3 versions of civ 2 and need the MGE for a specific reason?like just beeing able to take a look at the democracy-saves?

Shade
              ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
              "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
              shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Those legal questions are always good one on the internet
                The corporations have every rights on their products.
                I remember hesitating to put my no-limits add-on on a site, because I was not sure it was legal. As the main program was still required and everyone told me to go ahead, I went.

But it is always a balance between, law, justice and ethics.
                I think giving away the program is not (yet) right.
                I am split by the MGE converter question.
                But I think that the method to use the mapeditor with ToT should be spread.
                It was like a theft for those who only have ToT
                Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

To not throw a couple bucks towards the folks who brought you this great game is mighty selfish indeed- no matter how poor you are.
                  Ethics and fairness aside, let's talk reality- for $10 you get the game and
                  a NEW POSTER! Very few deals like that on this planet.
                  Mr Bunny says say no to cheapskates.

Comment

c'mon... only 10$ for the greatest game ever seen!
                    No pizza for tonite, instead buy a Civ II copy (you won't regret)
                    googol... this is a number!
                    "Silence Ming. I will let you know when I feel you are needed." - HappySunShine
                    "Classic Eyes...But in reality, it works the other way around." - Ming

Comment

Wow, the people here are really amusing; the first ones I've seen that seem to actually think that they can change someone's mind over the net.

Comment

Wow, you must be new to the internet. Get used to it.

Comment

the first ones I've seen that seem to actually think that they can change someone's mind over the net.
                          err, isn't that what you are trying to do?

... and I thought your tag was trying to be ironic ...

Comment

Wow, the people here are really amusing; the first ones I've seen that seem to actually think that they can change someone's mind over the net.
                            Actually, it is that the people here care about the quality of the forums. Posters adhere to the forum rules because the result is a vibrant, informative, enjoyable place to chat with other gamers. Those who wish to push the envelope are not welcome - not just by the mods, but by the rest of us as well.

If you just want to flame and cause trouble, go bother another forum. If you want to talk about a great game, you're in the right place.

If you own a computer, I seriously doubt $10 is too much to pay for a game. Do you think some robots programmed it? No, it was made by other dweebs sitting at computers, just like you. Who also need some $ to pay the rent, by the way.

fluffy, excellent jab!
                            The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                            intelligence to few.

Comment

$10... In the Head of Homer Simpson
                              Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
                              religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Working...
                              X