Terrain editing problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrain editing problems

Its not a big thing,but an irritating one.
    I´ve edited the railroad images in a scenario and the problem is that the north and south railroads\roads(img 5 and 9) doesnt connect when showing up on the map,its a disgusting gap between them even though the roads really have been made fully in both directions so they should connect.
    The weird thing is that if i import and use the default civ2 terrain1.gif it still shows up with a gap between the roads!?
    What am i missing here?

Thanks

it sounds like there is 1 square of water in the road,but that seems way too obvious.
    Maybe an image of the situation might help?
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

yup, an image might actually make it easier

Comment

You probably made the railroads a little wider than the originals, right?
        I'm afraid there's nothing you can do about it. You see such a gap because the part of the railroad image below the central magenta diamond will not be displayed (just like with units).

Here's a simple example. To the left are the roads as you would want them, to the right you see the part that actually remains of the upper image. I think the lowest line within the diamond may even fall off too, not just the part below the diamond. Because such a big part is chopped off, you'll see an ugly gap. This problem also appears to some extent with the left/right connection, but you can work around it in that case by making the connection a little higher (the parts above the central diamond don't disappear).
        Attached Files
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
        X