No announcement yet.

An Heroic Epic to ensure that Civ2 lives forever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah Smash, this kind of map would compell us to think a lot about moving fast. I can hexedit an empty 1638x20 map and then one should draw the map to forbid too much navigation !
    So here are, I think the 2 propositions, both for civ2 MGE, the beloved one, Deity, 7 civs, raging hordes :
    1) an overextended map of 1638x20, very tough to occupy all of it.
    2) a gigamap of earth, something like 143x229 with (good) random starts for the AI and a little island for us : Kerguelen ?, Hawai ?
    Who wants to join and which one do you prefer ???
    Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

By the way, here's an 1638x20 empty map
      Attached Files
      Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

Originally posted by Julius Brenzaida

1) an overextended map of 1638x20, very tough to occupy all of it.
        2) a gigamap of earth, something like 143x229 with (good) random starts for the AI and a little island for us : Kerguelen ?, Hawai ?
        Who wants to join and which one do you prefer ???
        I am in, anyway.
        Preferably with the gigamap of earth, since the looooong ribbon looks somewhat strange to me.
        Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

holy cow that map is long!!!...I would love to play that one(with some land of course )

Ideal would be to start at one end of it with it being flat.It would be tremendous effort to cross and control.
          The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Damn... I gotta get MGE

I'll be following along, since I can't play

STYOM
            "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
            "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Both ideas are great, but as the 1638 map needs much work (who is willing to it, any great cartographer ), I prefer to start with an island earth one and then, why not another succession game with the unusual map.
              STYOM, yes you need MGE
              So, it's 2 - 1 for earth, c'mon everybody, let's vote

Comment

I'm in. I like looooong, thin maps. I found that a 100x30 is quite challenging. I'm willing to try a good loooong challenge.

Comment

C'mon ppl stop discussing and play
                  (maybe a little hint don't set the AI at random placement but place them yourself else I'm afraid you might get something like 7 cives spread over a stroke of only 200 long or so and 1400 bare)

good luck

Shade
                  ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                  "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                  shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

earth gigamap NOW

Julius
                    It seems that the loooooong map is empty and that someone must prepare it first before we think of playing it.
                    Why not start the earth map NOW with those willing to do so, and the loooong map later on when someone has prepared it?
                    Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Allright, let’s get finally started. The thread is called :
                      The Truest Gift of the Gods.

Comment

Working...
                      X