An Heroic Epic to ensure that Civ2 lives forever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Heroic Epic to ensure that Civ2 lives forever

Allright this title is a bit exagerated. What a propose is a new succession game played by the old and truly faithful to Civ2. Right now, invasion earth and crusaders are about the only topics in the civ2 forum, with the record attempt by shade.
    Who would join me in a new Epic for the glory of civ2 ??? It could be real fun if we stress in our stories the beauty of that game. Do you imagine, for example, the true joy of a caravan delivery ?
    Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

I'm in

MGE compatible.
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

So am I
      (though I don't think I shall stop playing civ3 after 2 weeks since I am having great fun being a rookie + I have discovered a strategy that I named 'size 6' in honor of Xin Yu and it makes the fun even greater)
      Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

I will join

I will help where I can ,Im glad your still working on Civ II.I stoped playing Civ III weeks ago let me know what you want and I will do what I can
        John Plavchan

Comment

Great, as I know Lafayette has MGE too, it should be on it.
          I'm off for a few days in the mountains. I come back friday
          Let's hope we can find one or two more people.
          And let's start thinking about the kind of challenge we want
          Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

Just to let you know I have MGE,I havent been around as long as the rest but i will help where I can thanks
            John Plavchan

Comment

Well, it's a miracle that I can post ! It is so slooooooow with my computer. Grrrr ! Anyway, I am glad to see that we're already 4. I think it's going to be an MGE one. Maybe we should wait for some other people to come back when the server is back to normal speed. LaFayette do you have an idea what would be fun to play for a scenario. Otherwise, I love to play on earth maps, we could start in Hawain, or some place like that to make it more interesting. Any one has a better idea ?

Comment

I might be interested in playing a scenario succession game. How about Red Front? Each person could play 3 turns. Thats 4 players each year. Or do you guys prefer more of a country building scenario? Oh, I have MGE.

Comment

Why not Red Front. Haven't played it yet, haven't played much scenarios indeed
                  Any other idea
                  If we're five, that's already great

Comment

hmmmm...could be interesting.Red Front is generally won or lost in the first 3 turns though.At least at Marshall(deity) level.I'm not so sure.....

How about a long skinny flat world map?.230 x 20...I never had a real easy game on that kind of map
                    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Smash: I like your idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Smash
                        hmmmm...could be interesting.Red Front is generally won or lost in the first 3 turns though.At least at Marshall(deity) level.I'm not so sure.....
                        I guess your right most of the fun is in the first 6 turns(summer).

Comment

I really would like to join in,sadly enough I don't have the time
                          First I have to study and second I still have my own story to finnish.
                          BUT I ALREADY AM YOUR FIRTS READER OF THE STORY.

Looking forward.

Shade
                          ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                          "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                          shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Smash good idea. But why only 230x20. I think I could manage to change something in mapedit.exe and allow a 1600x20 map, does it sound challenging
                            Any other idea of scenario
                            Nobody going with my gigaearth island start

Comment

that was just a limitation without "No Limits".With a little luck,or editing we could get a map that is blocked off at several locations forcing overland settlement to continue moving across the "belt".These maps also don't register polar land so trireming along a pole becomes risky business.One 1600 long sounds like an epic to me!!

Island giga would be ok also.Something where we are unable to meddle with at least some of the ais development for a good time so they get established.

Comment

Working...
                              X