Everyone's Fav. Scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone's Fav. Scenario

I'm just wondering which scenarios everyone liked to play the most and why?
    I tried the MARS scenario, and like that one. It has a strong emphasis with war. I think the AI opponets are war mongers, and since it has only a little water, the barbarians become a nuisance. But your able to get the fundalmental equivalent early (and I keep it).
    There is also 'paradrops'. You may be able immediatly send the martian equivalent of Nukes across the entire planet.

Sure, Mars was good. The lack of water made it hard work until you got to terraform. I liked the wrapped-around-the-poles shape that civs took on.

The Age of Discovery scenario was also great. Particularly interesting playing as Portugal or Netherlands, and not using diplomats to bribe. Having to build up a colonial empire, and trade like mad was fun.

Comment

Tough call between Vikings & Mongols for me.

Comment

Diefinetly the MARS scen for me. Yes very interesting, particularly after reading robert zubrin. However, the militaristic neighbours and wierd dead end techs like Scavenger Crossbow detracted a bit rom the fun of terraforming Mars.
        "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
        "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
        "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

That's a tough call. I really like Mongols 2.0(not the new 3.0 thing), Vikings, and Conquest of Mexico 2.0(Not 1.0).:-)
          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

My favorites:

Age of Dinosaurs, Atlantis, Master of Orion Jr., and Master Of Magic Jr.

Comment

I will always love the Lord of the Rings scenario.
              "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
              Drake Tungsten
              "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
              Albert Speer

Comment

My favourite scenario's are the Habsburg scenario and the Vikings scenario by Harlan Thompson.

Comment

I like the Bonaparte Scenario, the Ages of Discovery scenario is somewhere incomplete, the chinese in Europe? And the Russians conqeruing the Chineese? And so on. I got a mod of it somwhere where I have have placed osm impassible units here and there to prevent this.

Comment

Marcus Eklund's 1650 Europe scenario is one of my favorites. I had a great game as the Swedish with it a few months ago. Of all the historic ones I have seen it seems to be one of the more accurate, without being overly difficult or complicated. I love Jesus Balsinde's scenarios, too and cannot wait for El Dorado, even if he makes them a bit more difficult than I would prefer. As for fantasy and scifi scenarios, I would say the Midgard one and the Blood Dawn one are my favorites.

Comment

Yeah, 1650 rocked. And your playing it was probably due to my finding it in the huge download junkyard of Apolyton and recommending it for a review.:-)

Comment

USA 2010, St. Leo's WW1, Alien Invasion, Mars, Red Alert (beta version)...

Comment

Cool, someone actually liked my scenario. A new and improved version is coming soon, and it will knock your socks off.:-)

Comment

NAPOLEON!
                            NAPOLEON!
                            NAPOLEON!
                            NAPOLEON!
                            But MY modified Napoleon.

Comment

If your on about the MicroProse scenarios, my fave is the Age of Reptiles for Sheer Stomping Flesh Eating Fun. However the Jules Verne scenario is a good example of what can be done with events.

For Apolytonner made scenarios, it's a close call between End of the Bronze Age and Dungeon.
                              [This message has been edited by Miner (edited November 12, 1999).]

Comment

Working...
                              X