• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neat keyboard tricks

Here's a neat trick: before opening a hut, press the following keys:
    ctl-s
    ctl-c
    enter

That saves the file and also copies the file name to the clip board. If you do not like the result of opening the hut, press:

ctl-l
    ctl-v
    enter
    to reload the file you just saved without worrying about typing the file name!

Unfortunately, the civ2 programmers gave relatively little thought to making the keyboard handy. You have to use the mouse a lot, and when you use the keyboard, you have to hit a lot of keys (e.g., check supply and demand). But there must be a few more keyboard tricks. Any other suggestions?

- toby

------------------
    toby robison
    criticalpaths@mindspring.com
    toby robison
    criticalpaths@mindspring.com

i am at the point were i don' reload... as i pretty much only MP which is impossible as far as i know.. however this is interesting stuff as i hardly use my keyboard except for moving troops ...... otherwise i am a mouse user
    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

For all the fanatic cheaters... eh, I mean scenario makers among us :
      Hit Ctrl-K (you probably knew this already). When cheat is on use Shift + Y to reveal the map (or cover it again).
      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

not necessarily shift-Y, but Y is enough already.
        Ctrl-Shift-F8, add same terrain improvements as last square you changed the terrain on.
        Shift-H to add throne room addition.
        Ctrl-Alt-Shift-T for some strange advisors editing screen.
        that's about it i guess

Comment

orgh, i do not want to sound (enter derogative remark here), but nearly all hotkeys are given on your righthandside in the dropmenu's (is that what they're called?)

------------------
          ugh crud, why won't they fall prey to my Machiavellian schemes?
          ugh crud, why won't they fall prey to my Machiavellian schemes?

Comment

Working...
          X