What about oversized maps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about oversized maps?

How can I create new huge maps with civ2map.exe? I wnat to hear a solution different from taking an old huge map and clear it/cover it with water.

Also, I want to know where I can download huge maps except the few ones presented at Apolyton

------------------
    Landmine
    Has taken my sight
    Taken my speech
    Taken my hearing
    Taken my arms
    Taken my legs
    Taken my soul
    Left me with life in hell

As far as I know you need to use a Hex-editor to add squares at the sides.

Download? I don't know. I guess there are a few here on Apolyton.
    The Lost Geologist Blog
    http://lostgeologist.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi,
      I'm the guy who made those few huge maps posted on the website. As far as I know I'm the only person to finish one so far- its a very new discovery.

It really ought to be a scenario tip at the scenario league, but in brief this is how you do it.

Make a blank map. Hex edit the .mp file you've just made. You only need to change two hex numbers right at the beginning (I forget which ones exactly, I'll get back to you on that). Make the total of the new dimensions no bigger than 10922 (instead of 10000). Open the hex edited map. You will get an error message but click past it and resave the file. You should no longer get any error messages and the map will work perfectly. The whole process only takes a couple minutes.

Comment

You may not need to do any HEX-editing, though....
        Well, I might as well get it over with:
        I'm working on a map editing tool. This tool should allow you to create blank (oversized) maps, as well as other (re)sizing/repositioning problems. But you'll probably have to wait a couple of weeks before that one's fully operational.
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
        X