No announcement yet.

Got to watch that "Barbarian Wrath" setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have to do it manually. Go into the game.txt file in CivII and look for the barb level list (the one that appears when you start a game). When you find it (It's very hard, so much is in the file) put Barbarian Wraith right after Raging Hoards. You should be able to pick it when you start your next game.
    "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
    "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
    "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Comment

Thanks

I like lots of barbs - sometimes its better to let them have a city for a while. They produce lots of cheap units - bribe the city and they are yours.
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Re: Uprising frequency?

Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man
        Which leads to my question: obviously, at higher levels this setting produces more barbarians per uprising - but does it also make the uprisings more frequent?
        STYOM
        Well, we know that the default 4 setting increase the frequency and number of barbs. It makes sense that higher levels would continue the trend - altho if it adheres to the pattern remains to be seen.

Does the barbarian attack factor (attack strength * (difficulty level * 0.25)) continue to increase at the deity+ levels? That is, would a barb legion (att. 4 at king, att. 6 at deity) have attack strength 8 at deity+2?
        The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
        intelligence to few.

Comment

Originally posted by Christantine The Great

Does this also work with pirates?
          I have played on this level and seen barb landings off ships (I think that's what you mean by pirates), and there's been only the usual 3 or 4. just like you'd get from a hut.
          Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
          ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Working...
          X