No announcement yet.

Why do they hate my living guts?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think there are tech triggers that make the AIs turn uncooperative, too. In my first spaceship game, I was way ahead of the AIs, and they begged for peace and happily paid tribute throughout the game. Once I discovered Space Flight, though (in 1420), they would declare war as soon as I talked to them.

Comment

Carolus Rex, I often do get off to a quick start - first in most demographic categories. It isn't all that surprizing that it turns out that way, really, as the game is designed to make it more difficult the larger your lead...

DaveV, gunpowder is also sure to raise aggression by the AI. At the first contact following your (presumably the world's first) discovery of gunpowder, all will demand it. Of course, it's always good to give them some show and tell in the field first...
      The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
      intelligence to few.

Comment

it was in a game where a civ had built the Manhattan Project; one turn before I landed, every remaining civ sneak attacked me with nukes!
        my fear for the AI and nukes goes so far that I first try to get an SDI in most(all) of my cities before I build manhatten(except when the AI starts builing before me)

and in the end I kick ...

Shade
        ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
        "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
        shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Og course, it could just be you, Caralampio. Maybe the rest of us really get along with the AI fine, and we're just stringing you along. Actually, it appears to be built into the program to unite against the number 1 power, if that power is human-controlled. This is how the programmers tried to present us with more of a challenge. So thank the nice programmers, and get on with kicking in the teeth of everyone in the neighborhood.
          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
          X