Why did you buy civ2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Civ was my favorite game on SNES
    Civ without a mouse or keyboard? For hours on end?

I would've thought most people would've gotten civ2 because of good experiances with the original...it's the case with some, sure, but a lot of people seem to have stumbled upon it - as a reward, as a demo or bundle, etc. I guess since civ is 10 years old, most apolytoners haven't been gaming long enough to fully experiance it when it was originally released (I know I haven't).

Comment

I played the first Civ like a fiend when it first came out. I even got thrown off the junior engineer team for playing Civ when I was supposed to be in class. I had no computer that would run it for a while, but I got back into it in 1994 at college. In 1996, I was counting the days till Civ II came out. I never got to play it, however. My s/o and I broke up before it came out and I didn't have use of computer again. I got married last year and Civ II was the first game I bought. I made up for lost time this past year. Although I am not even close to being done with Civ II, I am now looking forward to Civ III!

Comment

My post is going to look out of place here, because I haven't yet learned to love Civ II. I played Call to Power for two years exclusively and non-stop. After I won a Deity game with ease, I decided that I have conquered the game and it's time to move on.
        I wanted another Civilization game. As I've heard excellent appraisals of Civ II, I bought it (and also because it's cheap, $10).
        Truth is not negotiable.

Comment

A friend said he'd burn a copy for me, but he took too long so I went out and bought it
          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Played and loved Civ 1.
            (In fact, I played and hated Civ 1. Then I started Col, played and liked that game. Then got back to Civ 1 and finally fell in love.)
            Had to wait 6 months or so after release of Civ2 to get a new PC to run it on. Read usenet reviews and drooled in the meantime.

C.

Comment

Accident really. I'm too slow for platform & shoot-em games and liked A-Train and Sim City. Saw Civ2 at a bargain price, thought it would be similar and bought it.

Whole new ball-game.

Later bought CTP1 thinking it might be even better, sadly disappointed.

Comment

Loved Civ I, had to have Civ II. Bought a new machine to go with it. Will get Civ II ASAP, have the machine for it already. The 90's were a great decade for techies.
                No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

I saw a guy playing it and the concept just "clicked". So I went and bought a copy in the store, three days before leaving the country. Still one of the best games I ever bought...
                  Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                  Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Working...
                  X