Why do you keep playing Civ2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you keep playing Civ2?

I'm curious, what keeps you coming back for more? Is it simply that you have a great time, or is this your favorite form of intellectual stimulation? Are you obsessed with getting a higher score or getting to Alpha Centauri sooner? Or maybe you're not sure why you keep playing, you're just addicted!
    For the sheer enjoyment--it's fun!
    56.10%
    For the intellectual challenge
    12.20%
    I want to be the best--high score
    2.44%
    I'm not sure, I'm just addicted!
    29.27%

None of the above. I just keep coming back. Not sure why.

sboog

Comment

You should add a few more options:

The new maps.
      The new scenarios.
      Designing Scenarios.
      Designing Maps.
      Multiplayer
      Other

etc.
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Civ 3 is fun. Like Firaxis said you start doing one thing, then another, then the first thing is done, and you start doing something else, ect.
        Alex

Comment

My reason is that there is simply nothing better to play right now (as far as strategy games go). The most promising prospect is Clash of Civilizations, but seeing as their demo 5 was supposed to be out over a year ago, and it has still to see the light of day, it's not a very promising prospect indeed.

Comment

Best MP action

just for the MP interaction its great
            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

because of the addiction
              It's one of those games that never becomes too boring

Comment

You'd add an option "I rarely play Civ 2 nowadays, mostly SMACing or else".
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                  You'd add an option "I rarely play Civ 2 nowadays, mostly SMACing or else".
                  oh a real S&M fanatic... do you use whips and chains too or just into smacking !!!
                  GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Nah, nah .
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Mostly I play to unwind from a busy reality. The main reason unwinding involves CivII is because of that needle running from my pc to my arm. I'm addictied!
                      The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                      intelligence to few.

Comment

I play for pure enjoyment reasons.... I'm an addict... enough said
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Another reason I play, is that someday I hope to have Civ3. And I just think for me there is more integrity playing and studying the classic one first.

Kind of like getting to know the original before you haul off and get the one with bells and whistles.

Play Bach Inventions before you tackle his "Chromatic Fantasy and Fugue."

Gives you something under your belt.

sboog

Comment

i play for the sheer enjoyment - no other game has ever kept my attention longer (nearing 5 years)

Comment

For me it's a little bit of ev'rything: sheer enjoyment, addiction, challenge...

Comment

Working...
                              X