No announcement yet.

Let's vent about the high council!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't figured out all the responses to each other's advice: but here aer a few notes:

-any time one of the 3 money advisors (trade (tax), science or attitude) proposes raising his rate, the other 2 will disagree.

-I often get the science, foreign and attittude gets in a mutual love society. Provide I'm taking care of all 3 variables.

Comment

Navy, the finace advisor is governed by trade routes.

Even if you have all the money improvements in all cities, and have your cities in cap, he won't be happy unless you have trade routes.

I have seen this behaviour a number of times, in scenarios and SP games.

The advisors can be of some limited value, the sci-guy whines if other civs have more techs/higher sci rates.

Platehead is a moron, just like the others.

The finace guy does warn you about going overbaord with lux.

The babe is only for looks, and tells you nothing really important.

Elvis is a dweeb.
      I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
      i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Did you see the Platehead site? pretty funny.

Comment

Originally posted by GP
          Did you see the Platehead site? pretty funny.
          What or where is this platehead site ??? a site for the Military advisor ???
          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

platehead's site is at: http://members.nbci.com/platehead
            check it out!

Comment

Thanks for that

cool site,, well done !!

Comment

The foreign advisor just tells you to improve your reputation so that you can destroy your reputation again, bizarre advice.
                "One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make sure it is worth watching."

Comment

I love the high council.
                  They're not very useful, but they are entertaining.
                  I wonder, does anyone still play with throneroom?
                  I found it a waste of time and when I've been a consul for 1500 years, it seems a little odd.
                  http://www.ststs.com/CGI_BIN/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=cut
                  Dan Severn of the Loose Cannon Alliance
                  ------------------------
                  ¡Mueran todos los Reyes!

Comment

throne room

i've always left the throne room turned on. the window doesn't pop up that often it never takes more than 20 seconds to deal with. and besides, when i close my eyes i can see the palace from civ1 in my mind and dream of how cool it is.

Comment

due to my MP fetish, both Throne room and Council have been turned off for ages, although I did turn them on once for a quick SP game and forgot to turn them off next MP. it was quite amusing seeing the throne room pop up and make me miss my whole turn NOT .....

Comment

Does the Throne Room actually do anything?
                        Alex

Comment

just helps to pass the time !!

Comment

Mutual happiness

Actually, I've found it reasonably easy to please all of my advisors, later on in the game.

To please them, just do as they ask: if you have Luxuries set at around 20%, then Elvis is happy (and there's no civil disorder as well as you having enough temples, colosseums, etc.), the Science Advisor is happy if you are a major contender in the tech race, and have a reasonable science rate, the Trade Advisor if you have sufficient profits per turn (that's why he bugs you for banks and stock markets: to help raise profits, that's what really pleases him), the Diplomacy Advisor is happy if you have a reasonable reputation, has explored enough of the map, and has made contact with enough civilisations.

The Military Advisor is happy if you have city walls, barracks, and a reasoable military force (if you have sufficient city defenders and some attacking units, then he's generally happy).

I don't know the exact formula, but that's generally what they want in my experience. It may differ from people to people...I've normally appeased all of them by the time I get Automobile...
                            My warrior beat a fortified musketeer behind city walls in a city located on a mountain!!! W00t! If only the other 32 warriors had the same luck...

Comment

Re: Mutual happiness

Originally posted by Meeko
                              The Military Advisor is happy if you have city walls, barracks, and a reasoable military force (if you have sufficient city defenders and some attacking units, then he's generally happy).
                              only needed in the capital not every city

Comment

Yes, but City Walls are cheap to build, inexpensive, and very useful. So why not build more?
                                My warrior beat a fortified musketeer behind city walls in a city located on a mountain!!! W00t! If only the other 32 warriors had the same luck...

Comment

Working...
                                X