Let's vent about the high council!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's vent about the high council!!

What is it with my high council. My diplobabe is an imbicile. My science advisor and trade advisor are extremely effiminate...if you know what I mean...we're talking BEEP BEEP on the gaydar. My attitude advisor is stoned or something. Platehead is the only fun one in the bunch. Definitly the star. "Now love and wine..."

hehehe..I like the modern military guy.

"You can do what you want,but don't come crying to me when some upstart nation puts your palace to the torch"

I can't beleive how many I've never actually heard in game.
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

do people still paly with these guys on ?? i turned them off long ago.... i guess i paly too much MP ....
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

i stopped playing with them turned on long ago. the only time i turn them on now is when i try to get a new response out of them. i always get the same responses "were doing great general, and we've got you to thank for it." does anyone know how i could watch all the advisor clips without being in the game?

i love the new smiley :banned: :banned: :banned: :banned:

Comment

my favourite was always going to visit them during times of disorder between governments,,, very funny !!!!

Comment

lol Raz , I remember that, all of them argueing at the same time.
            I have been in meetings like that.
            The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

i hoping that they come back with civ 3 , but hopefully with more realistic advice, which to me is the greatest need to get palytesters so they can work out what is essential advice to give, not the crap they give no of build city walls, build barracks , build market places,, they should say , build settlers go trade, be an exansionist.....

Comment

H Tower,

Just browse the CD-ROM and find movie files labeled (IIRC) council0, council1, council2.

Those are the entire files for the medieval, renaissance and modern Council. When I played them all the way through I heard things I hadn't heard from my in-game Council in 4 years of playing!

STYOM
                "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man
                  H Tower,

Just browse the CD-ROM and find movie files labeled (IIRC) council0, council1, council2.

Those are the entire files for the medieval, renaissance and modern Council. When I played them all the way through I heard things I hadn't heard from my in-game Council in 4 years of playing!

STYOM
                  does anyone know how the game actually works out which clip to use, is it sort of random at times, or is their an actual plan it is trying to get you to achieve...

Comment

yeah, every so often i come across a completely new one and i get shocked. but to find that new one i have to listen to all the regular ones over and over and over again...

Comment

The text science advisor is random.

I believe the movie advisors are coded by a text file, that tells them which order to play in, depending on your civ status...
                      Alex

Comment

video clips

thanks STYOM, if anyone else hasn't checked out all the possible responses, they should. you won't believe what you've been missing by playing the game only. they're a riot, if you've got the patience to watch 18 minutes of video.

Comment

They are pretty funny. I never thought they had that much for them to say...

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
                            my favourite was always going to visit them during times of disorder between governments,,, very funny !!!!
                            I like it when my little diplobabe, pulls the her hair band out! "Temper, temper, dear!"

Comment

Some of the rationale for their use is common sense. If you have honorable or higher reputation and have at least one embassy the diplobabe will tell you that "the gods adore us..etc" If you are dihonorable or below...you get conciled about being more trustoworthy.

If you build a CW in the capital, platehead shuts up about CW. If you build or acquire a barracks anywhere, he shuts up about barracks.

It seems like the hardest one to please is trade dude. I can have alll kinds of cash, banks, etc. and he keeps *****in'. Much harder to please than platehead.

Comment

Working...
                              X