No announcement yet.

The worst cheat ever ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I was starting to wonder if this was just a MGE/ ctrl-N phenomenon. but now somebody says he's seen it in 2.42 as well. I'm going to go back and try it again, see if it can be duplicated.

Julius, some details:
    is this just a repeat of the year for city production, or for unit movement also? do the other civs take their turn, and so the year just stays the same, all other things being equal? does it make a difference where you are in the turn for the other game you load?

We are hoping for a little research, since so darned few of us can duplicate it. we are starting to think this is apocryphal.
    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

I've seen it happening too. Since I thought of it more as a
      #@!~*-bug than as workable cheat, I never really looked into it. All that I recall is that:

-It only happened in a version prior to 2.78.
      -You might need to load several games in a row. (As in 'now what did I name that last saved game last night !?')
      -Some AI's get to move/build some stuff, others don't, although I really don't remember/knew who gets to build what and why.
      -The human player doesn't get a full turn. The suggestion that you can only move units that you've just built could be correct.
      -You don't need command-N.
      -Lastly, it only seemed to happen with a huge, sprawling empire late in the game.
      Hasdrubal's Home.
      Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.

Comment

Working...
      X