Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it take you to play a game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok then, 2 days minus 30 hours for eating and watching TV, plus an additional 6 for reading.

so thats 6hrs a day on civ2.

I need to get out more!
    eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

my last deity large random map raging hordes bloodlust game took me just over 6 hours...... i time games now just for fun....no restart civs of course
      Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

I typically have several games going at any one time - currently playing the Crusades at & with SG(2), two separate gigamaps here at home another crusades at that place I visit most days + two or three Succession games, Smash's ofocc and a pbem - games normally take months to resolve ....

Addition by Mrs. SG[1] - "You sad b*stard, now take me to work!"
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

A very long time but not as long as Baldur's gate.

Comment

Depends on whether I'm trying to accomplish something or not.

A "normal" fun type game will last 2-6 hours.If I haven't actually finished by then I usually lose interest.An occ game takes the same but is finished.I have a high score game that I've played off and on for over 2 years.I hate it but can't seem to delete it....yet.

Scenarios can take awhile depending on how you play.I spent a good month 1st time thru Red Front.Midgaard took about a week.Jules Verne 2 or 3 weeks.Usually in 2>3 hour sessions.

I have dedicated over 100 hours to a single MP game without a finish in sight.
            The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

I've never finished a game, start to finish in one sitting (except for my first game when I took over the world 'accidentally' - I didn't know that I was up against the last civ). Usually I play on the large map and go for many points. I'd say a few dozen hours for some games.

Comment

about 13-15 hours
                "The Mighty Stephen Hawking is a F***ing Quake master"
                ----------
                "I'm DUI hardy ever caught sober"

Comment

30 to 45 hours for AC (whether or not I get there first); 40 to 60 hours for conquer games. Don't usually quit, but will quit if I fall way behind in tech (in AC game with no option left to go to conquest and in conquer game if I can't steal enough techs to stay up with the remaining major foes).Turns after 1750 or so go from 15 minutes to 30 minutes by the post-1900 period. Puts a premium on winning early in that stretch. (large, deity, 2.42, restarts permitted, raging hordes, standard rules)
                  No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                  "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

From 1-12 hours. I've never had a game last any longer than 30 hours...all Deity, Raging Hordes, any kind of play.

I can't even imagine playing for much longer...100 hours? Ick.
                    My warrior beat a fortified musketeer behind city walls in a city located on a mountain!!! W00t! If only the other 32 warriors had the same luck...

Comment

some games i give up after a few turns, if i have a crap environment, like mountains and jungle and swamp altogether (grr)

but, games i am interested in i keep playing and keep playing, until i have built cities everywhere (and then i have tons of them, i'm quite an expansionist really, lotsa cities in the beginning, and keep growing afterwards...)

and well, i usually have war with everybody but then i take a city or 2, and then peace again, etc etc, makes it easy for me, never really have to have a mighty army.. these games take a long time, months, though i play other games in between...so..depends on who i want to play that day..
                      "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                      "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

The game I'm playing in now (Rasputin is in it as well) has been going on since late January. We've had 17 sessions of varying length, some 1 or 2 hours, some 4 or 5. But in all I'd guess we have about 60ish or so hours invested in the game. It's a seven player mp diplo game.

The last game I played took about 6 months to complete. Short term games offer me no interest.

(self confessed civ "snob")
                        Last edited by drake; August 17, 2001, 10:37.
                        I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                        Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Working...
                        X