Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it take you to play a game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does it take you to play a game?

I'm curious--how long does each game take, on average?

No more than 5 hours for me.
    Alex

Comment

At Deity level on a large map, it usually takes me a couple of days to get up to year 1750 (this means maybe 10-15 hours total).

After that, it takes some serious time. Months if you want to go all the way to 2020.

Comment

last full game i played on king level took me 5 months to finish, only playing about 10 hours per week on average. so that means all up about 220 hours ... !!!!!
        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Playing for AC no more than 6 hours on large map, closer to 4 on a small map. Bloodlust about 16-20 hours on a large map, between 1 & 8 on a small map depending if I want to wait for advanced weapons.
          "One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make sure it is worth watching."

Comment

was that at deity level ?? if so time for you to try that at MP games ....

Comment

It really only took you one hour to win a game??? I find that simply AMAZING!!!

After one hours playing, I'm usually still in BC time. You must not build many cities.

Comment

me too. wow these guys are good

Comment

How much fun is a one hour game?

Is it fun to blow through a game like that? I mean, yeah, you can conquer the other civs but how much development does your own civilization go through. Isn't this the big differenc that Civ offers over other games.

If you just want to go out and kill things, Duke Nukem is much more enjoyable...

Comment

perhpas these people need to try Deity + 5 level......

Also have people notcied it is harder to win using MPGE than just the standard 2.4 version

Comment

Isn't the AI more aggresive in mpge?

My average game is about 8 hours.

Comment

Wow! 220 hours! I'm amazed that you can stick with a single game for that long. Is this SP or MP? Is it mainly that long because you have so many units over such a large area that it just takes that long? I don't usually have more than 30 minutes to an hour at a time to play, and I'm beginning to wonder if one can effectively play Civ2 like that.

Comment

certaibnly seems to be, from my brief experiencce with civ2 original comapred to MPGE it is harder at all levels .....

The Ai is less likely to trade techs wioth you or give tribute,, more likely to sign aggression pacts

Comment

most games i play are over in about 2 days of non stop playing.
                            eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

How did you manage two days of non stop playing? That just ain't healthy. Need your Z's.

Comment

Working...
                              X