Crusader Scenario Succession Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crusader Scenario Succession Game?

Any takers for the Crusades Scenario as a Succession Game?
    Playing as the English we feel that this is quite a challenge!

You would need either Fantastic Worlds v2.7.8f or we could play it in MGE - please indicate your preference - deity of course.

The advantage of playing a scenario such as this is that other succession games have been left to the vagaries of the ICSers (like us) but just try to sleaze in this!!! If we can't - we doubt that anyone can (this is not a challenge!) - and DaveV is on vacation - pfew!

So I'm having trouble keeping up with La Fayette's scenario threads! I'll join. I play MGE, but don't ICS. During my turn I could annoy you by building improvements and trading...
    The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
    intelligence to few.

Comment

well i am becoing addicted to this type of game, have never palyed a scenario before so i might just try it beofre i have a turn , but pleqase include me too, I got the MPGE , it came with FW scenraios included...
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Hot damn! An MGE succession game. And one of the few scenarios I've actually tried!!

In for a penny...
        Frodo lives!

Comment

That makes 4/5 of us - depending on whether or not SG2 & I play as individuals or together - any more for any more?

If not I suggest the following running order ...
          1. kcbob
          2. Rasputin
          3. Marquis de Sodaq
          4. The SGs

no more than 20 turns - and post the save in this thread ...
          May the Infidels Perish!
          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

The privilege you bestow on me as the initiator of the quest is beyond measure. I am not deserving of such honor. If you will but grant me a short time to gather my wits (and get home from work), I will embark on the journey tonight. May God grant us the victory against the forces opposing His glory!
            Frodo lives!

Comment

To aid in the playing, could Rasputin and Marquis please fill in their email addresses?

kcbob - kcbob49@hotmail.com & robert.a.sorter@dfas.mil (please send to both)
              Rasputin - familyauld@dingoblue.net.au
              Marquis de Sodaq - sprout@bitstream.net
              Scouse Gits(1) - git1@scousers.net
              SG2 - git2@scousers.net
              Julius - julius.brenzaida@infomaniak.ch
              La Fayette - ???

BTW, if I read the names and addresses correct, we have players from four different countries. The US, Great Britain, Australia, and Minnesota.

**UPDATE **

All emails in place, the Crusade begins at midnight (GMT)!
              Last edited by kcbob; July 26, 2001, 07:54.
              Frodo lives!

Comment

Email

familyauld@dingoblue.net.au

I hope to learn heaps from this one watching the SGs play... No seriously guys I do ... I mean that... Look I am not taking the mickey here... Gee guys !!!!!

Comment

minnesoohta

Dat's right, it's a different country here in da nort. Doncha know, dat movie Fargo is kinda accrit bout how we talk here. Minnesota's an injin word fer "land o lakes," doncha know.

Alas, I hail from elsewhere! Ha ha! My e-address is:

sprout@bitstream.net

intelligence to few.

Comment

As I said in my updated post above, the emails are in place and I shall begin tonight. Now, if I can only figure out how to sneak in a stealth fighter or two we're home free.

*edit*

It just occurred to me that no one has said which Crusade scenario we're going to use. : I'm assuming it's the one in the Scenario Collection by Joel André spanning the years 1095-1290 and titled 'Great Crusades'. If you have another one in mind, please let me know.
                    Last edited by kcbob; July 24, 2001, 12:43.
                    Frodo lives!

Comment

May I join too ?
                      I promise to finish the gigamap succession game soon !
                      This idea of crusades suits me real fine. Gonna remind me of my history studies
                      Eh where is LaFayette, so keen on scenarios in the strategy forum ?
                      Or is he unwilling to play as the english ?
                      Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

Actually - we were thinking about the 'Crusader' scenario that comes with FW (and MGE), but as you are kicking off kc "it doesn't matter a good goddam" *he says in his best US accent*

Julius - welcome aboard - I'm sure kc will include you in his e-mail list - but I think that using this thread and attaching the saves (or zips thereof) will be easiest.

SG2's email is "git2@scousers.net" surprising eh!

May the Righteous Prevail!!
                        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

i would find it easier to get saved gaems from here rather than email, would also allow others t oview where we are upto without waiting for theire turn

Comment

Bang! Bang! False start!

I couldn't access Apolyton last night from home.

I'll give it one more try tonight. I suppose if I can't access the site to get started, I can use the FW Crusader version. Then again, I could just use that one in the first place. And I'll add Julius to the email list in a second.

Sorry for the delay, folks.

And a damn fine American accent, SG.

*edit*

I just added Julius' email address but I did it from memory. How close did I come, Julius?
                            Frodo lives!

Comment

If the non-CiC scenario is better, let's use that one. I prefer a good scenario to a poor one, and would expect others to feel the same. Actually, posting on the forum is also my preferred method of file exchange. I shall pm-gauntlet La Fayette about this thread.

intelligence to few.

Comment

Working...
                              X