What was your first civ2 computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was your first civ2 computer

mine was a 486/25, which my brothers benchmark said ran half as fast as a 486/25
    386 - 16/25/33
    13.33%
    486 - 25/33
    22.22%
    486 - 50/66/100
    11.11%
    Pentium I series
    33.33%
    Pentium II series
    17.78%
    Pentium 3 (anyone get it just now?)
    2.22%
    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

EDIT: stupid post I thought you meant civ1

real answer Pentium II (yeah I waited a long time before upgrading)

Comment

486/25 half as fast as a 486/25

Comment

486 DX4/100 w/ 8Mbs RAM... it was 7 years ago,...

Comment

pentium II for Civ2
          486 for Civ1

Comment

My first Civ1 PC is much more interesting, an IBM 8088!! And I only acquired Civ1 in 1995! Was I glad I got Civ1! It was just about the only serious game that would run on it, while all my friends were playing Doom on their 486's
            Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Snap, Mercator - except mine was an 8086 souped up to run at 8MHz - it had an absolutely monstrous 30 Mb HDD and one of those new-fangled 4 and a bit inch FDDs which took 720 Kb diskettes - what an improvement they were - those were the days my friend ...
              "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
              "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

My first civ2 machine was my PII 350, which I really must upgrade at some point.

My first civ1 machine was my trusty Amiga 1200, which I upgraded to run at a monstrous 50MHz, with a ridiculous 18Mb of RAM!
                "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Pentium 75 for me

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Gits
                    Snap, Mercator - except mine was an 8086 souped up to run at 8MHz - it had an absolutely monstrous 30 Mb HDD and one of those new-fangled 4 and a bit inch FDDs which took 720 Kb diskettes - what an improvement they were - those were the days my friend ...
                    Mine had a 20 MB harddisk I believe, but it did have both 3.5" and 5.25" floppy drives

Yes, *sigh* those were the days... Well, until others started having faster PC´s anyway.
                    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

My first Civ2 computer was the same one I have now--a 450 MHz Pentium III with 128 Mb memory and a 10 gig HD, which I acquired two or three years ago.

I still have my Tandy 1000 SX (8088), as well as my Commodre 64/Plus4 and TI-99/4A...
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

PowerMac 6100, 60MHz, 16Megs of RAM.
                        Macs RULE!
                        -HOWITZER AL-
                        -------------------
                        Some complain that God put thorns on roses,
                        While others rejoice that He put roses among the thorns.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
                          Pentium 75 for me
                          Ditto. Also, this was my first Civ I computer. It was 1995 and I was fifteen. I thought I was a strategic genius when I invented the "wave of catapults".
                          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

My first computer for civ2 was a crappy PC with a 233MHz Cyrix CPU I played Civ1 on an Amiga 2000, it was pretty slow, especially after Apollo, but I loved that machine...
                            Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Paul L
                              486/25 half as fast as a 486/25
                              Hey, that was an upgrade from my 386/16 I bought at the thrift store for 20$ in 1996!

a buddy of mine said he found these parts somewhere, and had a 486 motherboard among them. I bought a 286 at thrift store for the case, then bought 4 1MB ram cards used and a 486/25 CPU. total cost was around 35$. that was in mid 1997.

a friend bought me my first CD-Rom for christmas, and sometime later I bought civ2 at Kmart for 12$ with some birthday money. I had already bought Civ1 a while back and was addicted.

so my firts civ2 computer was also my first civ1 computer.

I tried running windows 95 on that at one point (after I upgraded to 16MBRAM) and it took about 7 minutes to boot.
                              Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                              ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Working...
                              X