Osmo Soininvaara, a Civ fanatic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osmo Soininvaara, a Civ fanatic

Found from the "E-maailma" (E-world) attachment from today's Ilta-sanomat. Osmo Soininvaara, the basic services minister of Finland, plays Civilization 2. The one-and-a-half page article didn't tell the difficulty level he liked to play on, but he was apparently quite knowledgeable. At first he didn't want to compare Civ to real world, but after some time he did say that it has some connections to foreign politics.

Now, this was quite normal (I don't think there is anything weird with politicians playing games), but there were also bad news: He said that you can find more information about Civ from... http://www.civfanatics.com . Not a single mention about Apolyton at all. (now I almost posted this to civfanatis, but due to E-mail server problems, couldn't.) Well, let's hope that there is a link to Apolyton from there somewhere...
    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Wow, this is certainly nice to hear, since I voted for him in the last election
    Too bad I didn't notice it in the front page of today's Ilta-Sanomat, so I didn't buy it, and I couldn't find the article at www.iltasanomat.fi either.

Comment

Perhaps you should send him an email or message that tells him about the wonderfull place? Wouldn't it be great to have a Minister here in the forums?

------------------
      Mathias' Civ II Page
      http://members.nbci.com/thalys
      [This message has been edited by Hendrik the Great (edited May 09, 2001).]
      The Lost Geologist Blog
      http://lostgeologist.blogspot.com

Comment

Yeah email him, so the apolytoners can whip his ass in MP
        I see the world through bloodshot eyes
        Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Do you think osmo could be ottok?
          The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

uh oh - somebody better warn Dubya before he shows up in Helsinki "share the secret of laser (SDI) or you will feel our steel"
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Smash on 05-09-2001 05:48 PM

ROTFLMAO

C.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Smash on 05-09-2001 05:48 PM

Like catullus said!

------------------
                Scouse Git[1] -- git1@scousers.net

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
                "The Great Library has been built!"
                "A short cut has to be challenging,
                were it not so it would be 'the way'."
                - Paul Craven
                "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

It would explain why ottok disappeared just like that: he`s got a country`s basic services to run!
                  "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

quote:

LOL!
                    Oh wait..........I don't get it

.....anyone want to explain why its funny?

Comment

Don't you remember our most famous trying to speak English poster Ottok!

Whether he was a DL or not, we will never know. But his posts were a riot due to weak English language skills. He did leave in a huff when people abused him... (some of us did try to answer his questions seriously, but the language barrier was a problem)

So the though of Ottok being a senior member in a government is just...

ROTFLMAO
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

All right, maybe I'm just not cyber-hip enough, but what exactly does
                        ROTFLMAO stand for? I understand the LMAO part, but what about the first half?
                        The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                        intelligence to few.

Comment

Rolling on the Floor ...

------------------
                          Scouse Git[1] -- git1@scousers.net

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
                          "The Great Library has been built!"
                          "A short cut has to be challenging,
                          were it not so it would be 'the way'."
                          - Paul Craven
                          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Oh ok, I get it .......yes the idea is kinda funny

ottok: Hey! I'm Osmo Soininvaara, a service minster at Finland and you cant talk me like that!

Some spammer: DL! DL!

Other spammer: and I'm Batman!

Yet another spammer: Finland Sucks!

Comment

Rolling On The Floor.

Edit: stupid cache! I was amazed no one had responded to the Marquis's question.
                              [This message has been edited by DaveV (edited May 10, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                              X