MGE & Civ2Hack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGE & Civ2Hack

Can they be set to work correctly? I want to make a modpack on a giga-map, but civ2hack doesn't seem to work for MGE...

Anyone know how I go about solving it another way or tweaking settings or something so that it works?

I refuse to think no one can answer this!

Comment

What do yo mean by civ2hack? The old hotseat multiplayer thingy (I doubt that), Julius Brenzaida´s "no limits" patch, or something else.
      The former is obviously rather pointless, the latter should work, but Julius would be the person to contact.
      If you´re after making a Giga map, you can download MapEdit (if you don´t have it already), which can create Giga maps.
      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Yes, what is civ-hack
        Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

the civ2hack was the nifty little program that allowed you to turn on as many civs as needed into player controlled and thus you could have a "hotseat" type of game, all on the same computer, with pre multiplayer versions such as 2.42, CiC and FW.

Comment

Why do you need it? And what´s not working (I don´t have MGE so forgive my ignorance).
            Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I have MGE, and I still don't get it
              You have an hotseat option with MGE where you can choose how many players are controlled by the humans.
              One sure thing, gigamaps are only possible with MGE and ToT.
              Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

Oh, well, I'll try it on the hotseat mode then provided by MGE.

It makes scenario making SO much easier.

Comment

Julius, with what did you use to get that giga world map for the Invasion Succession game(which seem to have died)?

also, any other special tools you used to edit the special parameters in the invasion game?

just wondering... trying to create a special modpack for myself....maybe give to others if i think its good enough for the public. (modpack would be a mix of SMAC, Starcraft, Gundam Wing and other units on a earth map :P)

to all, any editors/hacks/whatever to smart the AI up? atleast, any special parameters which would make the Computer go big fast and strong and tough to beat? and make them agressive too.... as i get lazy and don't always feel like going to their darn continent to kick their ass.

Comment

i went to try that Mapeditor program... doesn't make giga maps!!! bloody limited to 10000 squares like the game, that sucks. And false advertizement....unless i did something wrong.

Comment

okay, played around with mapeditor a bit and discovered you can put to ToT mode :P it enlarges maps sure, but doesn't enlarge the terrain :P trying to make a map of Chiron in smac for Civ2.
                      oh well

Comment

Working...
                      X