X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many turns do I play?

Carolus

Comment

No more than 20 - less if you feel that's all you can manage ...

------------------
      Scouse Git[1] -- git1@scousers.net

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
      "The Great Library must be built!"
      "A short cut has to be challenging,
      were it not so it would be 'the way'."
      - Paul Craven
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

The Swedish part I cannot help with, but Marko_Polo has changed his handle to Marko Polo hence the lack of profile .... (and he's still Finnish)

------------------

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
        "The Great Library must be built!"
        - Paul Craven

Comment

Well played, Carolus.

quote:

Originally posted by Carolus Rex on 04-17-2001 03:58 PM
          Two barb legions destroyed by our horse.

Nice to see that your Majsty's legendary skill in horsemanship is as strong as ever!!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Carolus Rex on 04-17-2001 04:10 PM
            Save sent to our man in Finland!

Who, btw, is reported as "not longer a registered user" when I click his profile and according to info under handle is now a Swede?

Carolus

Thanks Carolus, game received. I assume that you checked my old user name "Marko_Polo" (with the underscore). I changed it to "Marko Polo".

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by East Street Trader on 04-18-2001 06:57 AM
              Well played, Carolus.

Thanks!

quote:

Nice to see that your Majsty's legendary skill in horsemanship is as strong as ever!!

Aye, but it was a close call! One single thin red line left of the horse... Fortunately, he recouped in Rome thanks to sweet honey and oat.

Carolus

Comment

1752: Food
                1754: Industrialization
                1756: Stock exchange
                1758:
                1760: Magnetism, Factory, spice (224g) + beads(75g) to Rheims
                1762: Railroad to Americans, 50g
                1764: Diplo
                1766: Metallurgy
                1768: Diplo, Industrialization to Americans
                1770:
                1770: Electricity, Engineer
                1772:
                1774: Engineer
                1776: Navigation to Americans, 50g, contact French, Japan, they demand gold -->war
                1778: Conscription, diplo
                1780:
                1782: Caravan
                1784: Refridgeration
                1786: Caravan
                1788: Barb leader
                1790: Steel, trade for chivaldry(Am), 50g
                1792: Railroad-->French, Japan, Physics-->Am, 50g
                1794: Supermarket, WLTPD begins
                1796: S21, 50g(h)
                1798: S22, Corporation
                1800: S23, Food, Gunpowder-->Am, 50g

We are now researching Atomic theory. Too bad we haven't found Indians yet. They are (probably) the weakest and dumping techs to them would lower the sciense cost. They must be somewhere in the southern sea where we don't have access .

[This message has been edited by Marko Polo (edited April 22, 2001).]
                [This message has been edited by Marko Polo (edited April 22, 2001).]

Comment

I have got a new computer and am having problems setting up Win98 SE properly. Now it seem to work and I try to play my turns tonight!

Comment

East Street Trader, according to post 1 you are the next.. did you receive the save game?

Comment

• Marko

I got your e-mail but no attachment.

But I've realised the save must be the one in post 1 described as AD880 so I'll play my turns from that and try to send it on to skrobism and to SG(1) to-morrow (but it might be Monday morning as I'm ordinarily off line over the week-end).

We are being a bit slow, by the best standards, I suppose but granted the underlying problems things seem to have picked up since I last played. I will do my best to keep that going.

Comment

• East Street Trader

Please don't play the 880AD situation as we are currently at 1800AD! I'll resend the correct save game in a few hours.

Comment

• Game sent to EST & SG[1].

Comment

• Marko

I am a dozzy bugger sometimes. I'll await the save.

EST

Comment

• Post #1 now updated with four new save games - I am just about getting my act together after Easter -- however, entering marking hell so there may be more delays at my end - sorry guys ...

------------------

"The Great Library has been built!"
                              - Paul Craven

Comment

• My 20 turns were quite eventful, ending with a tasty freight delivery and news of a bloody battle on distant shores against the evil Japanese. I am saddened to report that bribery and corruption were rampant throughout my brief reign so we ended with a NONE engineer and the small task force of NONE units (legion and dragoons) which fought the battle of Shimonoseki and has currently occupied a Japanese fort. We have maxed out at size 26. We have a Power Plant with the tech for an offshore platform not too distant a prospect. We could do with another NONE engineer. Two lower value freights are on route to cities demanding their commodities. Advances are coming in each four turns. I did not make contact with the Indians.

1802 Freight (spice). Disband supported cannon (shields now 20).

1804 Bribed French engineer (none unit). Discover Atomic Theory. Electronics next.

1806 Freight (beads). Establish French embassy.

1810 Freight (food). Gift Metallurgy and Conscription to Japanese (they are grumpy).

1812 Discover Electronics. Leadership next. Rush freight. Taxes to 100%.

1814 Freight completed. Cash in all freights/caravans. French ask us to join war with Japanese. Agree. Exchange Polytheism for Conscription. Gift Magnetism. Exchange Maps.

1816 Darwin’s Voyage. Discover Leadership and Tactics. Refining next.

1818 Bribe barb legion.

1820 Freight (wine).

1824 Discover Refining. Machine Tools next. Building Power Plant. French build Eiffel Tower. Mountain now hills.

1826 Building Power Plant. Disband two supported engineers. Set luxuries to 20% to celebrate.

1832 Size 26. Luxuries to zero. Sell Sewer system. Bribe barb dragoons.

1834 Power Plant. Discover Machine Tools. Combustion next. Bribe barb dragoons. Sell aqueduct.

Our dragoons destroy corps of Japanese elephants and their supporting cannon in the battle of Shimonoseki, 1838. Fort occupied by dragoons and diplo.

1840 Freight (gold). Japanese elephant kills our entrenched dragoons [ ]. Japanese build Great Library. Spice freight arrives San Francisco (demanded) 384 gold. .

I had hoped to make progress towards contacting the long lost Indian tribe. An Indian city with a Wonder figures on the Find City list and is apparently located beyond the Japanese. But I made little progress towards sneaking through. In any event I suspect they will prove to be on another continent otherwise there would be more signs of their activities, whether visible directly or through the evil Japanese. A visit by ship to these mysterious folk might be called for.

My successor should watch the beakers for the next advance. We were exactly one quarter the way when the spice freight contributed a little over one eighth. I have made a rough adjustment which will bring in the advance in three turns without too much waste but a good micromanager could probably improve on my settings.

I will shortly send the save to skrobism and SG.

[This message has been edited by East Street Trader (edited May 09, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                                X