No announcement yet.

Do you play with the map grid on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I play with the grid off... I do activate it for checking city overlapping and city locating stuff similar to this occasionally though

Comment

No grids, standard zoom. The way civ was meant
      I see the world through bloodshot eyes
      Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Like so many others, grid off except for placing new cities. I use the 'v' glowing square for moving triremes and airplanes instead of the grid.

Comment

grid on and standard zoom

i've played with the grid off and my city placement gets even worse than it usually is
          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Grid on including the white lines. Helps a lot to figure out when you're being invaded . I also am a perfectionst when building cities and often get very annoyed when the square fitting for me to build a city on it is made of some ****ty terrain or worse - is ocean.

Comment

Grid off (except right before I build a city just to make sure I'm not being stupid in my place ment... never messed with the zoom... seeing as I play on bcr3's computer, I don't want to mess with his settings too much.
              Kyrie Asini

"I don't need a compass to see which way the wind is shining!"- Mystery Men

Comment

Grid on, white lines, standard zoom.

Comment

Me too, grid on, standard zoom (occasional zooming out for long sea voyages, etc.) -- and especially the white city grid! Maybe I'm a bit slow or something, but that really helps me identify ZOC's, terrain to improve, etc.

Ilkuul

Every time you win, remember: "The first shall be last".
                  Every time you lose, remember: "The last shall be first".

Comment

and i got the patch which turns the white city grid into thinner dotted lines...

I HATE the solid white lines whivh are the deafult...
                    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Emm, could you be so kind as to reveal the location of this aesthetically prevalent patch?!

Thanx

P.S. Who wants to come with me and raid the offices of Firaxis and steal civ 3 (well not steal, just make a copy). I really can't wait much longer

Comment

I don't use any grid because it's ugly and I don't have any problems moving around my units without one.

Comment

Working...
                        X